All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zoloft making me sleepy ??
      #101958 - 08/27/04 11:45 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I started taking zoloft two nights ago, and I am so tired all the next day. Has anyone else had this happen? I am at 25mg till next week then I bump it up to 50mg. I am not sure if it gets bumbed again after 50mg. I have to call the doc and she said we would decide then. Also I seem to be having alot more D the past two days. I don't know if it is from the zoloft or because I am getting ready to start. I am only having mild pain and mostly in the morning. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zoloft making me sleepy ?? new
      #101962 - 08/27/04 12:01 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Heather, don't worry, the sleepiness is from the Zoloft but it will wear off as you get used to it. Try taking it a little earlier, like at dinnertime instead of bedtime.

The D is more likely to be from your monthly friend not the Zoloft.

So hang in there, grit your teeth to get through the side effects like Nugget did with her Effexor, and give it a chance to work its miracles, sweetie!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#101974 - 08/27/04 12:43 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Everyone gets different side effects from Zoloft. I am on week 5 right now, and not to scare you - but I had D EVERY morning until 3 days ago. And I know it was the Zoloft. I take it at night. It was not painful D, just D, and that's why I know it was a side effect. Also - Zoloft made me sleepy too, but I liked that because I was having trouble sleeping. That has worn off now. I am at 50mg now, but I almost feel like I need to bump that up more. I am going to stick to it though for at least 8 weeks to see.
My other side effect is NO sex drive. I am still dealing with that. I hope that goes away soon, especially because we've been trying to get pregnant - and you have to have sex for that to happen!
Good luck!

--------------------
~Cara~

#101994 - 08/27/04 01:53 PM
heather7476

Thanks Cara
I am kind of worried about the whole sex drive thing I hope if that happens it will wear off like everything else. Meanwhile I just want to sleep all day.
Thanks for the help.

--------------------
Heather7476

#101995 - 08/27/04 02:01 PM
heather7476

Thanks Laura Sue
Oh I am not going to quit. I am hoping this works as well for me as the Effexor does for Nugget. But if not I will keep trying other things. I have already seen improvement just with watching what I eat. I just realy miss my cheese. I have even been dreaming about it.
I will get through the being tired I just wasn't expecting it to be this bad. I just want to sleep all day. I would sleep all day but a three year old little girl makes sure mommy is awake.

--------------------
Heather7476

#102132 - 08/28/04 07:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Heather,

I had bad D the first several days after starting the Zoloft, and my doctor told me that was normal. It's just your body getting used to having it in your system. Once you adjust to it, the D will stop. And he was right, it did.

As for the sleepiness, I cannot relate to that! It had the opposite effect on me---I was up all night, shaking like I'd had 12 cups of coffee---and that was the first indicator that I had bipolar disorder.

I also craved sweets, which I'd never really cared for before, when taking the Zoloft. I couldn't pass a McDonald's without getting a milkshake. And if there was an open box of cookies or container of icecream in the house, I would devour the entire thing! One day I even ate a whole box of vanilla wafers. .... Yuck, that doesn't even sound good.

#102134 - 08/28/04 07:40 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Heather, good for you! BTW I still dream about coffee!! Oh well.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 881 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review