Reged: 07/30/04

Post deleted by niceG3s

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: vitamins & candy new
      #101817 - 08/27/04 12:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I take a multivitamin and don't find it a problem. I guess you won't have my Brit brand, so I won't bother to go and see what it is!

Old-fashioned boiled sweets are my candy!

What multivitamins do u use Linz? new
      #101826 - 08/27/04 02:58 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Linz,

Im from England too...near liverpool...just wondering what brand of multivitamins you use?? The ones I was using were from Holland and Barrett and I stopped taking them when I realised they had artificial sweeteners in them! Let me know...thanks xx

--------------------
Natalie

Edited by natalie2 (08/27/04 03:00 AM)

"britbrands" new
      #101829 - 08/27/04 05:17 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Natalie and Linz- speaking of "Britbrands" since I am in Ireland I have all the same stuff as you guys- I'd love to confer with you on safe brands of lots of stuff, keep an eye for posts from me in the future!!
(I was in M&S last night and they have specials on pretzels and rice crackers at the moment..they must have known I was coming!)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#101831 - 08/27/04 05:31 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Check your vitamin label for lactose -- extra high levels of vitamin C --- things like that. I ended up actually getting the store brand that compares to Centrum with Lycopene. It dissolves fairly quickly too -- so you're not wasting money -- and it hasn't bothered me. I take it with breakfast.

As for the candy..... I am so bad about that.. if I eat candy (which is not often) I do things like nerds, necco wafers... maybe licorice. I more often snack on baked goods though.

Re: What multivitamins do u use Linz? new
      #101853 - 08/27/04 06:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

SevenSeas one-a-day Multivitamins with Cod Liver Oil (I figure with Fibro that anything that helps my joints is good). It's a capsule you swallow whole, so no sweeteners at all.

Re: "britbrands" new
      #101855 - 08/27/04 07:16 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Sinead,
Yea that would be great having someone to compare brands with and stuff...thats something which I find I have trouble with being in England instead of america....we just dont seem to have as much safe stuff over here like they do...I realy wish we had baked lays...I loved them when I went to new york...we shoud start a campaign to make Walkers manufacture an English version lol!! I'l look out for ur posts...look out for mine too. Natalie xx

--------------------
Natalie

candy... new
      #101867 - 08/27/04 08:17 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I am a candy nut - I eat it all the time....some people have problems with the HFCS, so I don't know - you might have to just try different stuff and see.
I eat salt water taffy a lot, and circus peanuts, nerds, skittles, laffy taffy, gushers, fruit rollups...(ok after reading this it's amazing I don't weigh 300 pounds).
Oh - and you can just buy an already made angel food cake - I eat that a lot too.

--------------------
~Cara~

#101875 - 08/27/04 08:29 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

The vitamins, I take are Solgar multi vitamins, with chelated vitamins (what chelated means that they are easy on the stomach)an I take an additional C, because it doesn't have enough in it. I take Solgar Ester C, this is also for sensitive stomachs, it is a lot easier to break down, since C is very difficult to break down. This is the only vitamin that doesn't bother my stomach. As for candy, I don't know of any safe ones, so I have been avioding it all together.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Re: candy... new
      #101945 - 08/27/04 11:09 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Cara, I too can eat candy without problems. I'm a chocoholic. Most cakes and cookies too are fine with me. Cheesecake is iffy cause of the cream cheese. But yes, I feel fortunate that I can eat candy. Kinda takes the place of the fact that I CAN'T eat ice-cream. I miss it so much! Milkshakes, thick chocolate ones! Ok, I need to go eat some chocolate cake I just made!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1935

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review