All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help! Too many carbs?
      #101613 - 08/26/04 11:53 AM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

eating too much bread? gaining weight...Help!!! I have been eating french bread, pasta with veges...but now I seem to be gaining wt. I need to lose a lot of weight so i need help
thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help! Too many carbs? new
      #101698 - 08/26/04 02:49 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Here's a post explaining why carbohydrates are not the enemy. Most people find that when they follow Heather's diet, they lose weight. IT's a simple calorie thing. The less you take in, the better. WHat's lower in calories? Fruits, veggies, and complex carbohydrates. At ;least less than proteins and fats.
web page

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#101726 - 08/26/04 04:18 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

No, not too many carbs, too many calories and not enough exercise. French bread and pasta are fine, good healthy choices. But stay away from sweets.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#101865 - 08/27/04 08:16 AM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

thanks for your advice. I did read the page but I am still confused. Too much fruits and veges give me the D so I still dont know what to do. I do not eat any processed foods. Just chicken, turkey and carbs with mostly zucchini and tomatoes, and some of the recipes I found here. Which are very good btw. I will try to eat less poritons sizes, perhaps that might help, but I never take seconds, so I am just confused as to why I am having this problems...
Thank you again for your advice and reply.

#101885 - 08/27/04 08:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if- as recommended by heather and my doc too, you are eating the 6 times a day, regualr servings are too large for all 6 meals.. I sometimes do more once or twice a day when I'm eating with others, but then in turn I eat a smaller amount and time my SFS to one of the other times I normally eat... I am losing weight on this diet, but part of why is even though I'm eating more frequently I am eating less overall, and the calories I am taking are in small amounts keeping my metabolism going, no stopping and starting..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#101968 - 08/27/04 12:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Jonsie, yes, smaller portion sizes should do the trick. And if you can get some exercise on a regular basis, even just walking, that will help too.

Hopefully as you get more stable, you'll be able to eat more fruits and veggies, because you need them for a healthy diet. There are safer ways to eat them, like in quick breads, smoothies and soups.

Good luck and keep coming back, okay??

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review