The introductory and five discrete sessions that comprise the IBS Audio Program 100™ are as follows:
Introduction to the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* Provides detailed information about hypnotherapy, the specific process being used for the audio treatments, and information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
* Acknowledges the physical and psychological combination that characterizes IBS pathology, triggers, and symptoms such as pain, diarrhea, constipation, pain, gas, and bloating.
* Aims to treat both IBS and the problems in a person's life that have resulted from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, including anxiety, social fears, stress, depression, fatigue, worry.
* Sets a stopping point for the emotional drain of IBS; from this point on Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms will not worsen but will improve. Subconscious begins to be affected and physical changes will follow.
* Emphasis on the safe, gentle, non-invasive aspects of hypnotherapy and its record as a safe form of treatment for many conditions for many years.
First Session of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* The foundation session. Allows listeners to take the time to reduce their stresses and apprehensions, to become familiar with the hypnotherapy process, and to learn that they are in control at all times.
* Offers a gentle introductions to reduce anxieties and stress, and emphasize calming thoughts, thus reducing the negative thought patterns which trigger IBS physical responses.
* Helps manage Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms and let users begin to understand the benefits of allowing both mind and body to work together towards the goal.
Second Session of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* Begins to address the subconscious and conscious thoughts which can trigger IBS symptoms.
* Teaches users, through creative imagery, to exercise control over these thoughts.
* Uses the power of suggestion to enable listeners to learn to control the speed of peristaltic waves of the GI tract, leading to normal bowel movements.
* Uses the mind to regulate the body.
Third Session of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* Uses visualization to control the entire digestive process, from start to finish.
* Begins to allow user to take control and mentally search for areas within the GI tract where there is Irritable Bowel Syndrome pain or discomfort, and then reduce these symptoms while continuing to use positive thoughts.
* Negative thoughts should be decreasing and replaced by positive thoughts, which will help develop new IBS coping strategies and reduce or eliminate Irritable Bowel Syndrome related anxiety, stress, and depression.
Fourth Session of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* Uses metaphor to help view the journey through IBS as a trip that is nearing an end.
* Acknowledges struggles of the past, the many steps the journey has required, and that while there may be a step back occasionally the progression forward will remain.
* Acknowledges old thought patterns and allows them to be released; enhances positive thought patterns to achieve continued IBS improvement.
* Emphasizes that while memories of old thought patterns may remain, we don't live in the past. We live in the moment. From this moment on IBS will steadily improve, a sense of order has been reached, and progress will now continue on its own.
Fifth Session of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Program
* Encapsulates positive moments from the five previous sections.
* Reaffirms the effects of the program.
* Listeners are encouraged to review this session occasionally after the program ends to optimize their positive changes.
Of the five sessions, some are listened to once while others are repeated a dozen times. Content and order are both important. The program gives people the structure necessary to allow a progression to the end of IBS in their lives, with the final goal the reintroduction of both previously forbidden foods and stressful activities. These factors are meant to be reintroduced into patients' lives in a controlled and structured way, with a subconscious and conscious mindset that prevents the suffering of physical problems from these formerly attack-inducing elements. After the program is concluded, patients are encouraged to listen to the final tape for an additional period of time to ensure the learned processes are embedded into their subconscious.