All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Great Low Fat Cookbooks
      #8484 - 05/07/03 01:47 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I've been increasing my collection of low-fat cookbooks and I've found one author that has some really great recipes. I have both Secrets of Fat Free Cooking and Secrets of Fat Free Baking by Sandra Woodruff. Each one is $13.95, but if you go to Amazon.com they're $11.16 and if you order $25 worth of books, shipping is free. Most of the recipes are pretty safe, the ones that do include milk, buttermilk, etc. are easily remedied on our own. There's also a pocket edition of The Doctor's Pocket Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate counter which includes restaurants and fast food nutritional information along with information on regular every day foods. I find this invaluable when I travel, you never know when you'll get hungry on the road. That one is $6.99. My next purchase will be Christine France's low fat new book, she also has some great recipes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Great Low Fat Cookbooks new
      #8486 - 05/07/03 02:02 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Buy.com has them for less and shipping is free. They are $11.02 and $5.02. I just love not paying shipping. Also if you are signed up at upromise to save money for your child's college, buy through their site to get more money saved.

Edited by torbetta (05/07/03 02:05 PM)

Wonderful thread topic... new
      #8488 - 05/07/03 02:14 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'll add in The Healthy Mexican Cookbook by Jacqueline MacMahan. Tons of great recipes, very few modifications needed. I also love Have Your Cake and Eat it Too, but I can't remember the author's name and I don't own it, just borrow from the library. This is a great book for baking - the only subs I ever have to make are soy milk for dairy.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#8489 - 05/07/03 02:26 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I just borrowed a book from the libary called Spicy Fat-Free Cooking Secrets by Gita Chandra. I haven't really looked at it too closely yet (too busy reading another book!), but when I glanced through two things that stuck out were a garlic toast recipe, and deviled eggs (with no yolks--uses tofu). If I come across anything good, I'll let you know.

#8497 - 05/07/03 03:08 PM
Karin

Thanks for the info, I'll head over there to check buy.com out!
I'll also head to Barnes & Noble tonight to look at some of these (providing they have them in stock). Thanks!!!

Re: mmmmmmm deviled eggs new
      #8547 - 05/07/03 11:22 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I would be really curious to hear about that deviled egg recipe! Tofu deviled eggs! When I could handle them, I used to scarf those things up (although now that I think about it, they tasted so bad for you...which made them so addictive, lol)

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Speaking of which....Great All Around Cookbooks? new
      #8552 - 05/08/03 12:01 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I was just wandering if anyone had any tried and true old faithful cookbooks out there that they'd like to recommend (low fat or not)? Besides Eating for IBS, of course! That makes up nearly half of my cookbook collection! Lol.

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: Speaking of which....Great All Around Cookbooks? new
      #8553 - 05/08/03 12:08 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Well, I use the Joy of Cooking for a standby. It's definitely not IBS safe, but a lot of the recipes are easily adapted (especially the baked goods) and it's such a great resource for information.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Wonderful thread topic... new
      #8589 - 05/08/03 08:59 AM
Karin

Darn if I can't find the Healthy Mexican Cookbook. Went to Barnes & Noble last night and checked online with Amazon and buy.com, no luck. Is it an older book that may be out of print? I found another that has possibilities, the Ultimate Low-Fat Mexican Cookbook by Greer. I really miss Mexican food, it used to be a staple of my diet. Seems like the only safe Mexican food now is a grilled chicken taco. I'm tired of it.......LOL.

Re: mmmmmmm deviled eggs new
      #8593 - 05/08/03 09:25 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I love deviled eggs...that's why that one stood out when I leafed through it real quick. I'll definitely post it for you. Be on the lookout!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review