Asparagus in Crab Sauce Pasta
      #10226 - 05/29/03 12:32 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Found this recipe, sounded great.

7 oz can Crab Meat
2tsp canola oil
Fresh Asparagus (recipe stated 4 bunches but I don't know what that means in US amounts, I know it's not 4 of our bunches)
2 cups fat free chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 TB cornstarch (cornflour)

5 oz pasta noodles

Cook noodles. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped asparagus. Stir fry for 5 minutes. Add chicken/veg broth, cornstarch and crab meat. Stir until sauce thickens, pour over pasta.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Asparagus in Crab Sauce Pasta new
      #10227 - 05/29/03 12:34 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

just a quick question- can you get ff chicken broth that DOES NOT contain MSG? Im very sensitive to the dreaded additive and it seems to be in everything!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#10228 - 05/29/03 12:40 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Check a local health food store or a "Big Name" grocery; they tend to stock the NON-MSG items! Good luck! And I read your post on the other board; good for you for sticking up for yourself! I hope that your parents can come to an understanding for you soon! I would think that if your mom has alot of the same problems that you do that she would be more concerned about what she eats. But you should be proud of yourself for doing what you can to help yourself out. If I had known that I had IBS at age 17 ( or 13..when it began) I would have saved YEARS of suffering. I commend you...anyway, enough of that. This was supposed to be about chicken broth!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#10233 - 05/29/03 01:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Check a health food store (and maybe a regular grocery store) for chicken broth in aseptic boxes. They'll have fat free, low sodium, MSG-free varieties. Also, at health food stores with bulk spice sections, you can get powdered chicken-flavored vegetable broth, which is MSG-free. It really does taste like chicken broth but has all good ingredients.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#10239 - 05/29/03 02:39 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

That's one of the reasons why I put in the substitution of Vegetable broth. I purchase it in bulk bags at the store, it's powdered. It's substitutable in most recipes for Chicken broth. I can't handle MSG either, so it works out for me to just substitute when I don't have any non-msg, non-fat chicken broth on hand.

#10279 - 05/30/03 06:28 AM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I am very sensitive to MSG, I used to eat dishes and wonder why I was getting a migraine. I finally made the connection when I was making chicken & dumplings and I need to buy buillion cubes and read that it had MSG. I found that the low sodium normally contains no MSG. I also read that after reading the broth boxes there are some that say no MSG and of course the low sodium is ok also. I also always read the back of barbeque sauces, another thing that me wonder why I always got migraines after eating barbeque. You just have to read the back. It was MSG that got me reading ingredients long before my IBS started. Now I have to read for both problems.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7102

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review