All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ACACIA IN CAPSULE OR SACHET FORM???
      #80675 - 06/18/04 03:02 AM
queenpercy

Reged: 03/26/04

HI ALL, I'VE BEEN USING HEATHERS ACACIA NOW 3 TIMES PER DAY AND IT'S REALLY HELPED ME ALOT. NO 'D' FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. THATS THE LONGEST I'VE GONE WITHOUT 'D' FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS. THE PROBLEM IS I'M GOING BACK TO WORK NOW AND I NEED A SUPPLEMENT THAT IS CONVIENIENT TO CARRY, LIKE PILLS OR SACHETS. I'VE BEEN TRYING IN VAIN TO FIND ACACIA POWDER IN A CAPSULE OR SMALL SACHET AND UNFORTUNATELY THERE'S NOT MUCH SUPPLEMENT CHOICE IN IRELAND AND THE CHOICES WE DO HAVE I'VE READ SOME BAD REVIEWS ABOUT THEM ON THESE BOARDS. I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP DECIDING WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE. THE SUPPLEMENTS AVAILABLE TO ME ARE
PSYLLIUM SEED HUSKS (PILLS) AND NORMACOL (SACHETS). I'VE HEARD BOTH CAUSE GASTROINTESTINAL DISTRESS. ALSO, IS IT OK TO TAKE A SMALL DOSE (1/2 TBSP)OF ACACIA 4/5 TIMES A DAY INSTEAD OF 1 TBSP 3 TIMES A DAY. AND WOULD IT BE OK FOR ME TO TAKE ACACIA AT THE SAME TIME I WAS TAKING ANOTHER FIBER SUPPLEMENT. COULD I USE ACACIA FOR WHEN I'M AT HOME AND THEN A DIFFERENT ONE FOR WHEN I'M AT WORK. CAN ANYONE PLEASE OFFER ME SOME ADVICE.

Edited by queenpercy (06/18/04 03:21 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ACACIA IN CAPSULE OR SACHET FORM??? new
      #80677 - 06/18/04 03:53 AM
che81

Reged: 06/18/04

bump

#80761 - 06/18/04 09:43 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Consider changing to two larger doses per day (one before work and one after work). Your body might react at first, but that way you wouldn't have to worry about it during the day and could just keep the tablets on hand for emergencies.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#80850 - 06/18/04 02:10 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I brought acacia to work in small jar along with a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon and just keep it in my desk.

I agree it would be more convenient to have a capsule but I am not aware that there is such a thing at this time.

Leigh

We are working on it.... new
      #80874 - 06/18/04 03:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and hope to have Acacia tablets out in the next several months.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Heather! new
      #80967 - 06/18/04 10:32 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Ooh awesome Heather. That sounds so appealing. Not sure but I am assuming the pills won't be like some others where you have to take 12-15 a day because each dose contains so little fiber? That would be SO great - I have no doubts that this would make it much simpler for people to take! Thanks

Re: We are working on it.... new
      #80978 - 06/19/04 01:51 AM
queenpercy

Reged: 03/26/04

That sounds great heather, i'm going on my honeymoon later in the year so they would really help me alot. Thanks for your reply.

Re: Heather! new
      #81150 - 06/19/04 05:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

We're just starting to play around with this, but we're figuring one gram of soluble fiber per tablet, and the tablets will be chewable. I'm trying to find a balance between enough fiber per dose that people don't have to chew tons of them, and not having so much fiber per dose that people have a hard time starting with them. The tablets won't be very big so it would be easy to chew two or three of them if you wanted a larger dose.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

sounds great Heather!! i like how they'll be chewable! :) :) :) -nt- new
      #81151 - 06/19/04 05:14 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

WOW! Acacia.. in pill form where you don't have to take 15 would make my life! new
      #81160 - 06/19/04 06:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2164

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review