All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Konjac Fiber
      #182070 - 05/30/05 05:33 PM
jam7t

Reged: 05/30/05

I was wondering if anyone has tried Konjac fiber instead of the Acacia fiber. I am trying to research a soluble fiber supplement for by boyfriend who suffers from IBS. Both sound good, but I haven't seen any information from those with IBS who have tried the konjac fiber. Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Do you know what's actually in it? new
      #182413 - 06/01/05 04:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Most of them fall into different categories.

Konjac Fiber new
      #182604 - 06/01/05 01:53 PM
jam7t

Konjac Fiber is a soluble fiber that comes from the Konjac Root. It is used in Chinese cooking. I've placed a link to a site that has more information about it. It is something my mother had heard was a good soluble fiber, but has not tried it. I was simply trying to find out if anyone has used it. I may simply have to try it first and be a guinea pig for my boyfriend.

http://www.konjacfoods.com/

Re: Konjac Fiber new
      #182770 - 06/02/05 12:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Thanks for the info. He could give it a try, but I've never heard of an IBSer using it so I don't know what the potential side effects are. And if you don't have IBS, I'm afraid you won't be much use as a guinea pig...although you could check out how yucky it is (sounds like a gloopy one...Acacia in comparison dissolves complketely and can be taken in almost anything).

It's pure soluble, from glucomannan, but the viscosity is so high new
      #182905 - 06/02/05 11:19 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

that you won't be able to add it to liquids to drink. It will thicken a glass of water like jello. It also tastes kind of like fish if there's nothing to mask it. Better bet is to eat foods made from Konjac, like noodles.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Konjac Fiber new
      #182966 - 06/02/05 01:49 PM
jam7t

Glad to know the Acacia dissolves so well. I'm sure he won't want to take anything that is gloppy. When I get some noodles, I'll let you all know how they taste. Thanks for the information everyone. It was a great help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3426 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review