All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather--legit smoking cessation product??
      #13572 - 07/09/03 01:53 AM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

I have been smoking for 10 years now. I only recently (last 6 months) have even considered quitting and have tried twice without luck. I am not too interested in the gum, but I did try the patch. Now I am revisitng quitting (I really want to do an overhaul on my system, quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more...oh, I need a lot of work ).

Because of tachycardia, I am on Propranolol three times a day and have been told I can NOT use the patch as it will make my heart race even more. So, I do not have enough will power to go cold turkey and have seen ads for this "natural" supplement called SmokeAway to aid in quitting. I was hoping you could look at the product and ingredients and let me know what you thought. I am not confident it is legit (and it is expensive) and I am always SO fearful of making my IBS-D worse. Here's the link to the product:
www.smokeaway.com/products.htm or www.smokeawayonline.com

Has anyone else tried this supplement called SmokeAway? Any success?

thanks for your help!!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather--legit smoking cessation product?? new
      #13628 - 07/09/03 10:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I don't know about SmokeAway, but what about using hypnotherapy or a self-hypnosis program? They can really work for smoking cessation, and the relaxation from the hypnosis will only help your IBS.

There were some posts about this on the hypno board - check there for good info!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 454 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review