Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

pamk

Reged: 01/29/03
Chicken with Cranberry and Port Sauce
      04/22/03 08:28 AM

I found this recipe in a cookbook of mine and altered it to meet my IBS needs. I have 4 children so I doubled the recipe and served it over rice. It was a hit! Hope you guys enjoy it!

4 boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
little crushed garlic
1-2 T olive oil (I like Classico)
1/2 c. chicken stock
grated rind of 1 orange
juice of 2 oranges
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c.of cranberry sauce w/crushed or whole cranberries
good pinch of cinnamon
3 T port wine
orange slices

season chicken lightly and rub garlic into chicken. Heat oil in pan and cook the chicken gently for about 7 or 8 minutes on each side until almost cooked through. Remove from pan.

Pour off all the fat from the pan then add the stock, orange rind and juice, lemon juice, cranberry sauce and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, season and replace chicken.

Simmer the chicken in the sauce for 3 to 4 minutes, turning at least once, then pour port over the chicken. Continue to simmer for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.

Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep warm. Boil the pan juices until reduced a little and slightly syrupy. Pour ove the chicken.

Serve garnished with orange slices.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Chicken with Cranberry and Port Sauce pamk 04/22/03 08:28 AM
. * Re: Chicken with Cranberry and Port Sauce Lana_Marie   09/03/03 09:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design