Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA
Test Kitchen Parfait
      03/16/03 06:40 PM

Hi everybody - I just made some dessert parfaits for tomorrow night's dinner. I revised a recipe my sister gave me for Wt Watchers Parfait. I can't eat dairy so I replaced the yogurt with tofu. I know a lot of you can't eat any artificial sweeteners so you can revise the recipe even more using regular jello fruit gelatins. Here's my version of WW Parfait. It's very rich-tasting and yummy!

1 box .3 oz. fruit flavored jello (I used sugar free)
1/4 c boiling water
16 oz. MoriNu Firm Lite Tofu
8 oz. frozen fat free cool whip

Put 1/4 c water in glass measuring cup and microwave til boiling.

Pour gelatin in boiling water and stir til totally melted.

Put tofu in blender and add melted gelatin and put on blend and puree tofu til smooth.

Pour tofu/gelatin mixture into large bowl and add cool whip.
Fold cool whip into gelatin/tofu mixture until you can't see any white stripes.

Put into four parfait glasses/bowls and refrigerate at least 4 hrs.

The recipe also says that you can make a graham cracker crust and put the parfait mixture into pie pan and refrigerate 4 hrs.

This partfait is so creamy and good even before I put it in the fridge. Me and Dan were licking the bowl and utensils that I used to mix it up!!!

Let me (all of us) know if you try it and how you liked it.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Test Kitchen Parfait SharonMello 03/16/03 06:40 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2035

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design