Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

chupie

Reged: 05/30/06
Found it! Halibut Provencal: Fast and Easy delish
      09/24/06 08:31 PM

OK, I've been looking for this forever. I used to make it and just LOVED it, but it had gone the way recipes sometimes do...lost in the kitchen. But recently I kept thinking, that was a delicsious easy recipe and I know it's safe for a lot of folks. You could experiment with ingredients. I think you could leave out the green peppers if you had to. People should know about it! So tonight I buckled down and searched for the little Betty Crocker magazine (I'm addicted to those darned things that you can buy by the checkout stand) and found it! I promis you will love it and feel very elegant and yet it's simple and rather homey. THIS is a fish recipe to love:

Halibut Provencal

2 Tbsp olive oil (you could definitley reduce this to at least 1 Tbsp.)
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1 green bell pepper, cut into one inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups quartered unpeeled (or if you want to lower IF peel) small red potatoes
1 lb. halibut steaks or fillets cut into 1 inch pieces (this is very NON fishy fish)
2 cups sliced fresh Italian plum tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (I usually left these out)

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender

2. Add potatoes; mix well. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally. (cut them smallish, they will cook better).

3. Stir in halibut, tomatoes, basil and salt; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and sauce is of desierd consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives.

This is very chunky stew like with not a lot of sauce, just what comes from the tomatoes. Have with crusty french bread and grapes.

3 1 2/3 cup servings

calories 390
Total Fat 14g 22% (as originally done. Less with less olive oil and no olives)
Saturated 2 g
Sodum 370 mg
Total carbohydrate 30 g
dietary fiber 4g
sugars 5g
Protein 35g

Vitamin A 15%
Calcium 10%
Vitamin C 60%
Iron 20%

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Found it! Halibut Provencal: Fast and Easy delish chupie 09/24/06 08:31 PM
. * This sounds fabulous - thanks! -nt- Sand   09/25/06 07:43 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 318

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design