Hi everyone, I found this recipe in the newspaper on the weekend - they have a low fat recipe section and it looks great. I haven't tried it yet but plan to this week. Let me know if you try it.
Roasted Potato and Red Onion Pizza
1 med red onion thinly sliced 2 medium potatoes, peelded and thinly sliced 1 small sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced 1/3 cup tom. paste 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped low fat soy cheese to sprinkle on top(optional) Rosemary olive oil spray 1 large pizza base (ready made fat free or bake your own using Heather's recipe)
1. cover potato and sweet potato with water in bowl and microwave on high for 4-5 mins to soften then drain.
2. arrange onion, potato and sweet potato in baking dish and lightly spray with olive oil.
3. bake in hot oven (200 deg C/ 390 deg F) for 20 minutes turning occasuonally until onion is soft and potato lightly browned.
4. Place Pizza base on tray and spread tomato paste and sprinkle with garlic and rosemary.
5. Top with potato/onion mixture and sprinkle with soy cheese.
6. Bake in hot oven for approx 12-15 minutes or until base is crisp and cheese is melted.
This recipe caught my eye seeing it is so low in fat and also so full of SF. Hope you enjoy it!
-------------------- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.