FROM MOTTS: Ginger Apple Chicken
03/08/03 07:54 AM
Boy, this really sounds great!
MOTTS GINGER APPLE CHICKEN (4 serv)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves (1 lb) 1 - 16 oz. jar applesauce 1/4 c apple-cider vinegar or white vinegar 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (I use ginger in the jar) 1 tbsp honey
1. pount breasts w/mallet to 1/2 inch thick. Place in single layer in large shallow glass dish
2. in med bowl combine applesauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and honey. Reserve 1 c applesauce mixture. Pour remaining applesauce mixture over chicken. Turn to coat both sides. Cover, marinate in fridge at least 20 min or overnight.
3. Drain chicken; discard marinade from dish.
4. broil chicken, on foil lined baking sheet 4" from heat, 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning halfway thru cooking time.
5. Or grill chicken on covered grill over med hot coals 10 min or til chicken is no longer pink in center, turning half way thru cooking time.
Serve w/reserved applesauce mixture, warmed or at room temp. Fridge L/O.