Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

crew

Reged: 06/24/05
Baked Bananas in Lemon Rum sauce
      07/28/05 12:39 PM

These sound pretty yummy! The only thing that needs substituting, is the rum. I'm sure rum extract would work for this, but I don't know how much. Anyone have a good guess as to how much would do the trick? Heather?

Serves 4

Ingredients:

4 very ripe bananas, with black-spotted skin (about 2 pounds)

Lemon Rum Sauce:

1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons dark rum

Garnishes: (optional)
Mint leaves
Strips of orange peel

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Trim about 1/2 inch from each end of the bananas, and cut a slit through the skin extending the length of the fruit. Arrange the unpeeled bananas on a cookie sheet, and bake them for 15 minutes. (The skins will turn black.)

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix together the lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, marmalade and water, and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Transfer this sauce to a serving dish large enough to hold the bananas.

As soon as the bananas are cool enough to handle, remove the skins, and place the bananas in the sauce. Using a spoon, coat the bananas on all sides with the sauce.

When the bananas are cool, stir in the rum, and decorate the bananas with mint leaves and orange peel. Serve one whole banana per person with some of the sauce and garnishes.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Baked Bananas in Lemon Rum sauce crew 07/28/05 12:39 PM
. * Re: Baked Bananas in Lemon Rum sauce Shell Marr   02/01/08 03:47 PM
. * Re: Baked Bananas in Lemon Rum sauce Sand   07/29/05 11:36 AM
. * I think it's safe as-is. AmandaPanda, J.D.   07/28/05 12:46 PM
. * I agree! Linz   07/28/05 12:49 PM
. * Re: I agree! crew   07/28/05 01:25 PM
. * Re: wow Lucrece   07/28/05 05:12 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1763

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design