Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA
Mexican Cassarole
      09/03/03 04:50 PM

I was trying to think of what to make for dinner tonight when I remembered this really really easy recipe:

Mexican Cassarole

1 lb of cooked shredded chicken or ground turkey
1 box of prepared Mexican Rice
1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 16 oz can of vegetable of your choice

Take all ingredients and mix together in a large pot on stove over medium heat until cassarole is hot. Serve with mozerella or cheddar soy cheese melted on top.

Not sure on the exact amount of portions, but there is a lot so you will have tons of leftovers!

I always use corn in the recipe, but know that some people can't eat corn. I would imagine that green peppers, onions, and zucchini would be good too. I've also never tried it with the turkey, but the original recipe that my mom used to use all the time had ground beef in it so I'm assuming you can use any meat product.

And I used to sprinkle mozerella chese on top and melt it in the microwave before IBS, but now I just sprinkle chedder soy cheese and it's just as good! Not sure if they make mozerella soy cheese.

For non-IBSers in your family, have them try it with sour cream!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mexican Cassarole Jennifer Rose 09/03/03 04:50 PM
. * made a slight change kamikat   03/27/07 04:53 AM
. * OMG, this is SO GOOD!!! *Melissa*   03/18/07 03:29 PM
. * Re: Mexican Cassarole czukster   04/13/06 10:38 PM
. * Re: Mexican Cassarole AnneV   12/13/04 09:45 AM
. * Re: Mexican Cassarole Shell Marr   12/10/04 04:35 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5002

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design