Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

lalala

Reged: 02/14/05
Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette
      06/24/05 09:38 PM

The following recipe is from Organic Style -- July/August 2005. I haven't tried this yet, but I know Wind, Retrogade, and a few others here love beets. I left out 6 oz of cheese, which the original recipe called for.

Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette
Makes 6 appetizer portions

2 dozen baby beets (red, golden, striped or a mix), scrubbed and trimmed
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling (I'm sure you could use less or substitute a cooking oil spray like PAM!)
2 small fennel bulbs with fronds
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic

(1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a small amount of oil over beets and toss well to coat. Wrap beets in aluminum foil (keep colored beets separate from golden), leaving a small tent above them to allow beets to steam. Place beets on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes (beets should be fairly firm). Remove and let sit until cool enough to handle. Peel and thinly slice beets. Chop 1 tablespoon red beets and reserve.

(2)Slice fennel paper thin. Chop 1 tablespoon of fennel fronds; toss in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside.

(3) In a blender or food processor, combine the reserved tablespoon of chopped beets, 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange fennel on 6 plates. (Here the original recipe included several wedges of "fresh farmer's cheese." As an alternative I guess you could use soy cheese, although I personally prefer the texture and taste of almond cheese.) Top with sliced beets. Drizzle with beet vinaigrette and serve.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette lalala 06/24/05 09:38 PM
. * What is almond cheese Maria Maria? n-t Snow for Sarala   07/03/05 06:54 PM
. * Re: What is almond cheese Maria Maria? n-t lalala   07/05/05 09:20 AM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette Wind   06/29/05 06:47 PM
. * Ooooooh! This sounds GREAT! Thanks Maria! :) -nt- retrograde   06/28/05 07:25 AM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette Wind   06/25/05 01:50 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette lalala   06/25/05 07:27 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette hanaleni   06/26/05 02:06 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette Wind   06/26/05 05:21 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette hanaleni   06/28/05 03:11 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette Wind   06/28/05 08:01 PM
. * Re: Beet and Fennel Salad with Beet Vinaigrette maikko   06/25/05 10:43 AM
. * Re: Fake cheese lalala   06/25/05 07:24 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design