Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Ok, I found something! Fondue Chinoise
      04/01/05 09:04 AM

Here is one I found in one of my ancient cookbooks. You'll love the part about decorating the platter with seashells. I love the part about a POUND of lobster meat! I'd have to take out a second mortgage for that. Maybe there's a firm-fleshed fish near you that you could substitute.

I've never made this, but it sounds worth a try. Let me know if you decide to keep the pot.

Seafood Fondue Chinoise
From Fondue Magic
By Anita Pritchard
Serves 6

1 quart bottled clam juice
2 cups dry white wine
2 cups water
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
4 peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lb. fresh deep sea scallops, each cut in 3 slices
1 lb. fresh lobster tails, cut in bite-size pieces

Part 1 (in advance)
Make a court bouillon by combining the clam juice, white wine, water, onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns, bay leaf and salt together in a large cooking pot. Cook over moderate heat for 30 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve. Reserve the liquid; discard the vegetables and seasonings. At serving time heat the court bouillon to a rolling boil.

Part 2
Arrange seafood on 2 large shells or border a platter with sea shells. Place bamboo mat or tray under heat source. Adjust burner so that court bouillon will boil gently through meal.

Part 3
Each guest spears a bite-size piece of seafood, dunks it into the boiling court bouillon, cooking it from 1 to 1 ½ minutes, depending upon the size of the pieces. When the fish has been consumed, the court bouillon can be ladled into small rice bowls to satiate the weight-watching guest.

sperry_twiggins

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Fondue Maker jenniferlynn 04/01/05 05:25 AM
. * Re: Fondue Maker suzyq   04/02/05 04:46 PM
. * Ok, I found something! Fondue Chinoise sperry_twiggins   04/01/05 09:04 AM
. * Re: Ok, I found something! Fondue Chinoise jenniferlynn   04/02/05 01:33 PM
. * Re: Fondue Maker sperry_twiggins   04/01/05 08:47 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 744

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design