Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05
Spelt Bread
      03/04/05 06:38 AM

I posted a while back that I was stable and weaning myself off of the boards. It is easy and fun to dive in and enjoy the goings-on on the boards but I must stay focused on my work, family and teaching!

This is the spelt bread recipe I told you all about. It originally called for sesame seed and I replaced the sesame with flax seed as I didn't care for the sesame taste. I can use milk in recipes but can't really drink it straight or eat other dairy products. I am sure that you can substitute soy milk.

This bread has been so helpful with keeping me "going"...constipation is a thing of the past. As with all recipes you should adapt them to meet your stomachs needs. I hope you enjoy the recipe...Happy

SPELT BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
8 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup flax seed
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/4 cups milk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together the spelt flour, sesame seeds, salt, molasses, baking soda and milk until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Placing a tin of the same size over the top of the loaf while baking gives it a lovely crust.

taken from the Allrecipe website

--------------------
"puffy"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Spelt Bread puffybelly 03/04/05 06:38 AM
. * Where did you find the spelt flour? Augie   08/01/05 07:07 PM
. * Spelt Flour is... Kandee   03/04/05 11:49 AM
. * I have been using the dark...just found the white, can't wait to use it! ~nt~ puffybelly   03/04/05 11:51 AM
. * Is spelt flour IF? -nt- retrograde   03/04/05 06:46 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design