Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome†††
Heather & Company View Cart
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
† † † 01/10/05 11:03 AM

I tried Kree's Quick Sticky Buns and loved them, but they also made me crave something that was pretty much all cinnamon - but just as simple. So I took the basic idea from the Sticky Buns, slightly adapted the filling from Kelly Andersson's Cinnamon Rolls, and came up with these.

Quick Mini-Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 small rolls

Pam or other cooking spray
1/2c brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon cool water
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 (8 ounce) can reduced fat crescent rolls

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Spray each cup in a 12-cup cupcake pan with a little Pam.

3. In small bowl combine next 4 ingredients: 1/2c brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon cool water, and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon.

4. Unroll crescent roll dough; pinch seams together to form 1 rectangle.

5. Spread brown sugar mix over dough as evenly as possible, getting as close to the edges as possible. Itís easiest if you use a knife - pretend itís peanut butter.

6. Roll up from short end.

7. Cut into 12 slices.

8. Place one slice in each muffin cup.

9. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

10. Immediately move rolls to large plate. Mine donít just fall out - I'm light on the Pam - but they pop right out if you lift them with a spoon. Cool 10 minutes and eat. (You can eat them right away, just be careful not to burn your mouth.)

It's January in New Jersey, so I can just zip the left-overs into a plastic bag and they keep on the counter for 4-5 days (the rolls haven't lasted longer than that). In the summer, I'd keep them in the fridge. Although I haven't tried it, I imagine they'd freeze okay.

If you prefer, you could probably make 6 larger rolls the same way, just bump the cooking time a little - try 5 minutes to start.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Post Extras Print PostRemind Me! † † Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mini Cinnamon Rolls Sand 01/10/05 11:03 AM
. * Nuts! Sand†† 02/24/07 10:48 AM
. * Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls Sand†† 01/21/05 01:20 PM
. * Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls - question abby82†† 01/19/05 02:53 PM
. * For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) Sand†† 01/23/05 10:54 AM
. * Your calculations sound right on the money to me. Now I've got to try these rolls. -nt- HeatherAdministrator†† 01/26/05 10:23 AM
. * Re: Your calculations sound right on the money to me. Now I've got to try these rolls. -nt- Sand†† 01/26/05 11:50 AM
. * Re: For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) abby82†† 01/23/05 05:35 PM
. * Re: For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) MCV†† 01/23/05 02:39 PM
. * Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls - question 9804†† 01/19/05 03:24 PM
. * Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls MCV†† 01/19/05 12:47 PM
. * Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls marjo†† 01/23/05 08:31 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
††††† You cannot post until you login
††††† You cannot reply until you login
††††† HTML is enabled
††††† UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2914

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teasô | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design