Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
For Reindeer
      08/23/11 08:45 PM

Firstly - Thank you Gerikat, as always, for your great support of others and helping me out here!

Reindeer -

As Gerikat says, please do not give up or feel you have no hope - while we do have to be realistic and know that hypnotherapy is not for everyone, we also know that it works for the vast majority of those who try it, and for tough cases like mine was and Gerikat and others, it may take a bit longer. But just as you would be on various diets (for the rest of your life) or meds (ditto), supplements, etc. this method once done, has the potential to help you move forward and be better long term - with perhaps the occasional re-listen now and then.

Regarding mind wandering - normal - don't be the least bit concerned about it - in time this sort of resolves itself, and even as Mike mentions, your subconscious still is taking it in, tho it is good to bring yourself back when you can.

The other factors which are perhaps keeping your IBS with you is the fact of all that research - I did this too - I obsessed with researching, reading and posting about my symptoms, others' symptoms, diet, meds, etc. and just going to support boards tells your subconsious mind "I have IBS" - I know this may seem a bit counter-intuitive as we all want and need support, but this is what happened to me, and the pattern is pretty common with others. Once you take a sort of cavalier stance on the IBS (I know it is hard to do!) you actually start to improve. For now, I would say, just eat as healthy as possible - EFI if you wish - but give anything new a rest for the time being. Since you mention IBS and the related anxiety is a big part of your IBS, the program is very much geared to addressing this. No worries on having other issues or not - you have had IBS longer than 100 days, and so you may need another round like so many of us.

For personal support, please do call 877-898-2539 or go to the contact page on healthyaudio and you will get personal attention that really will help you and your situation.

If you have just finished the program, give yourself about 4 weeks of a break and do the schedule again - you can still listen to your favorite sessions in the meantime if you wish.

Sometimes posting these things also colors others' perceptions on what to expect or not - anyone else reading this please know that there are those who feel better after listening to the first session, others who see some help after a few weeks, and others at the end of the 100 days - then still others, like myself, who need two or three rounds. This should NOT discourage you in the least. Remember, some meds, supplements, etc. take time to 'kick in' - and so too with this - it is a process and a journey!

There is hope to feel better - you'll see!

Hope this helped - all the best to you!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Gerikat/Marilyn reindeer 08/23/11 04:22 PM
. * Re: Gerikat reindeer   08/24/11 08:40 AM
. * For Reindeer Gerikat   08/24/11 12:40 PM
. * TO GERIKAT reindeer   08/25/11 06:46 PM
. * Hey Reindeer Gerikat   09/02/11 06:55 PM
. * Re: TO Gerikat reindeer   09/05/11 11:07 AM
. * Re: Gerikat reindeer   08/24/11 04:27 PM
. * Re: For Reindeer Marilyn   08/24/11 12:46 PM
. * Re: For Reindeer Gerikat   08/24/11 12:51 PM
. * For Reindeer Marilyn   08/23/11 08:45 PM
. * Re: For Marilyn reindeer   08/24/11 07:38 AM
. * Re: Gerikat/Marilyn Gerikat   08/23/11 06:06 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design