Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
Re: Diet and Hypnotherapy or Hypnosis
      01/16/11 02:27 PM

Hello and welcome -

I see you have posted the same questions on 10 threads, so I will reply to you here and on the hypnotherapy forum.

In response to your questions/comments:

"I am suffering from same disease."

IBS is not technically a 'disease' but rather a symdrome - it is functional in nature and you can read more about it in the home section of this website - just click on the top link on the left to read about IBS.

"Can anyone tell me about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) treatment? "

Again, there are several treatments mentioned on this website: Diet, supplements, hypnosis/hypntherapy, and yoga - the links are on the left and fully explain each one.

Some people respond to modifying their diet, others take supplements - either along with a diet or alone, still others have found that hypnotherapy aids in their symptoms.

Also, how long have you had IBS - and how severe - these are factors to consider as well.

"What I will make changes in my lifestyle?"

Only your doctor can advise you in the best way - firstly you need to have a definite diagnosis of IBS from a physician because there are other conditions that may have the same symptoms as IBS but would be treated differently, so make sure you have been checked out by a doctor to verify your IBS diagnosis.

That being said, if you have been diagnosed, and perhaps your doc has not been able to help, then how long have you had IBS? What are your main symptoms? Only you can determine what lifestyle changes are best for you - some folks have IBS symptoms when they drink alcohol - so for them, cutting back or eliminating that would help ease symptoms - for others, stress may make their IBS worse, though it does not cause IBS, so for them, perhaps hypnotherapy would be helpful, still others may have motility issues and therefore use teas or peppermint caps to help ease those. Or a combination of several things too...

Most people go through a list of various diets, supplements, meds, etc before finding out what works best for them - what works for one person, may not for another, etc.

"What I have to make changes in my regular diet?"

Again, that is dependent upon your symptoms and if you have IBS or other food issues - some people are able to eat a regular diet after completion of hypnotherapy, others follow the Eating for IBS diet which is outlined in this website - others follow other diets - it is all up to what works best for you as an individual - trial and error.

We can share our stories of what works for us, but ultimately you will need to decide - and also consider what your doctor has to say, if they can help, great - obviously you are here, so perhaps you are looking beyond what your doc has suggested.

All the best to you in your quest to feeling better - there is a lot of information here and we are all here to help - it can be overwhelming, but there is hope!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Diet and Hypo buttons07 11/27/10 09:19 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo declanparkes   01/16/11 08:24 AM
. * Re: Diet and Hypnotherapy or Hypnosis Marilyn   01/16/11 02:27 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo kem   11/28/10 07:36 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo Gerikat   11/28/10 04:23 AM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo buttons07   11/28/10 12:48 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo Gerikat   11/28/10 04:48 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo Marilyn   11/28/10 01:39 PM
. * Re: Diet and Hypo buttons07   11/28/10 07:41 PM
. * buttons07 Gerikat   11/30/10 02:20 PM
. * Re: buttons07 buttons07   12/02/10 01:25 AM
. * Re: buttons07 Gerikat   12/02/10 03:51 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5449

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design