Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories
      05/28/08 11:45 AM

Told to "Just Live With IBS", Nancy Refused!

Dear Heather,

I want to add my testimony to the many letters you receive about Dr. Michael Mahoney's IBS self-hypnosis program. I have had IBS since I was a teenager, and I'm now 75. I've had the usual responses from doctors: "it's all in your head" or "live with it".

I found your web site about two years ago and have had remarkable results from your IBS diet and products. Not once did a doctor ever mention diet. I have developed several autoimmune diseases through the years, the worst being Mynoclonus, a movement disorder that causes the entire body to shake when triggered by such things as loud noises, bright lights, heat, and cold.

I also had to live with exhausting fatigue from Sjogren's syndrome. These conditions left me unable to drive, shop or attend church. I was quite housebound.

I was at a really bad low point physically and mentally when I decided to try Dr. Mahoney's self-hypnosis program, after getting my doctor's eager approval. Results have been miraculous. The IBS is all but gone, but the real miracle is the effect on the Mynoclonus. Sensitivity to the triggers has been reduced to almost non-existent.

I can again drive, shop and attend church. At the same time Dr Mahoney's self- hypnosis program has given me back a normal life, my husband's health has declined. Without the hypnosis and the IBS diet we would now be in assisted living.

Many thanks to you and Dr. Mahoney for restoring my health.

Sincerely,
Nancy Hebner

Thank you so much, Nancy! I am thrilled you're doing so much better, and I wish the best to you and your husband. ~ Heather

And -

Fully Recovered from IBS

Hi Heather,

My name is Marc Steingesser, I'm 43 years old, and you were one of my rescuers a year and a half ago. Please allow me to describe the events which led up to my being rescued:

Two years ago I moved my family (my wife and two daughters) from Northern Virginia to Delaware to pursue my dream of becoming a medical doctor. I was accepted to Drexel University's post-bac pre-med program in Philadelphia in April 2006. The program started in June - just 6 weeks after receiving my acceptance letter. The move was fast and furious (i.e. stressful), but everything worked out well. I started my studies on time, but was committed to a two week vacation abroad that summer in the middle of my first semester.

The "vacation" was exciting but included a couple of very stressful events (my wife and I came down with a chest and sinus bug at the beginning of the trip that we ended up taking antibiotics to treat, and our 3 year old nearly lost a finger at the start of the second week - requiring us to end the trip early - her finger is fine now by the way). I was still able to finish my first semester at Drexel with A's, and also began working on my fitness by jogging 3 miles a day.

At the same time I began experiencing mild asthma and acid reflux. My new doctor in Delaware decided the best way to treat my symptoms was to try various reflux and asthma medications until a combination was found that controlled the symptoms. I foolishly went along with the plan.

During an eight week period I took medications at ever increasing dosages for reflux, while simultaneously rotating through numerous drugs for asthma. My doctor also had me try a round of antibiotics in case I had bronchitis. Instead of improving, my symptoms continued to worsen (and my stress level continued to rise from not knowing what was wrong with me).

At the same time I continued taking classes that were held in the evenings. I wouldn't get home until 11 p.m., and would typically stay up until 1 a.m. to unwind and eat a very late dinner. I'll mention also that I was feeling guilty about my family having a hard time adjusting to our new home - even though they supported me, they understandably still missed friends and familiar places very much. Yep, I was a train wreck waiting to happen - and it soon did.

One evening in the late Fall of 2006 my wife and I ate out at a Thai restaurant. I had a delicious creamy curry dish. Not long afterwards I experienced severe abdominal pain accompanied by frequent dashes to the bathroom. My wife and I had eaten the same food and she was fine. The nightmare had begun.

Over the ensuing weeks I was seen by a number of doctors who ordered many medical tests, and while I was grateful that nothing "serious" was found I was still feeling seriously ill - so much so that I was forced to take a medical leave from school. In the end my GI doctor announced that I most likely had IBS, and that there was nothing that he or anyone else could do to help me. I returned home and immediately started researching IBS on the internet where I quickly found your web site.

The information you made available on your site finally helped me understand what I was dealing with, gave me hope that there were ways I could help myself deal with the horrible symptoms of IBS, and that perhaps there was even a cure. I consider myself one of the lucky ones who found your web site not long after the onset of IBS.

I tried many of your recommendations (Acacia Tummy Fiber, dietary changes, stress reduction via yoga, and gut directed hypnotherapy to name a few), for getting symptoms under control, and found most of them very effective during various stages of my recovery.

Michael Mahoney's IBS Audio Program 100 worked incredibly well for me - the man is a saint who, like you, has my eternal gratitude. After roughly eight months I finally felt like I had climbed out of the pit I had fallen into.

There were ups and downs along the way, but the ride kept getting smoother as time progressed. I've waited more than half a year since recovering to contact you - I wanted to make sure it was for real.

When I say recovered I mean the following: No more IBS symptoms (mine included IBS-diarrhea, abdominal pain, constant nausea, lack of appetite, loss of energy, anxiety/depression, and weight loss), no more reflux, no more asthma, no more medication of any sort. I can now eat whatever I like (although these days it's a lot healthier than in the past), I no longer need the Tummy Fiber (although I include a cereal with high soluble fiber in my regular diet).

Thank you, Heather. Thank you for caring. Thank you for helping me turn my tears of pain and despair into tears of joy. Thank you for helping me get my life back.

Please feel free to post my comments on your website and/or newsletter. I hope they help you help others.

Although I didn't say so directly, I did infer how stress was a significant factor in my experience with IBS. I mention this now because before dealing with IBS I never would have believed that stress could have such a huge impact on my physical well being. In a very real way the beginning of the end of IBS for me was acknowledging the role stress played, and finding ways to manage and reduce stress in my life. It's an important point (and one that you make in your own story) that I wouldn't want others to miss.

The thanks all go to you. Wishing you peace and every happiness.

Marc Steingesser

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn 08/23/06 09:42 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Dotcase   05/12/11 06:26 PM
. * Another Encouraging Comment for IBS Audio Program Marilyn   06/09/11 12:17 PM
. * Some Great Reviews for the IBS Audio Program! :) Marilyn   02/19/13 11:24 PM
. * Re: Some Great Reviews for the IBS Audio Program! :) Marilyn   06/04/13 12:08 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 KareBear   05/30/11 09:28 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 *DELETED* araceli   02/28/11 10:17 PM
. * This is SPAM not a ligit post - nt - Syl   03/01/11 05:48 AM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LtDanFan   02/28/11 05:25 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn   02/28/11 06:01 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 RSQ   03/23/11 02:02 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LtDanFan   03/01/11 11:28 AM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn   03/01/11 09:59 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LauraHarris   01/18/11 07:26 PM
. * A New Encouraging story! Marilyn   06/04/07 05:44 PM
. * From Heather's Newsletter - Another Hypnotherapy Success Marilyn   06/12/07 08:39 AM
. * Some New Updates Marilyn   03/30/07 02:04 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? feelinggood   08/06/07 06:57 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   08/06/07 09:18 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Susie1985   05/12/11 02:45 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   05/12/11 11:18 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Lynn26   06/02/09 08:27 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   09/12/09 12:00 PM
. * Another encouraging story - :) Marilyn   09/12/09 12:01 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? LN   05/15/08 05:25 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   05/15/08 11:18 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? LN   05/18/08 12:48 AM
. * You are good to go! :) Marilyn   05/18/08 01:42 AM
. * Re: You are good to go! :) LN   10/17/09 05:03 PM
. * Listening during a difficult emotional time Marilyn   10/17/09 10:29 PM
. * Re: Listening during a difficult emotional time LN   10/28/09 02:18 PM
. * More Positive Feedback!!! Marilyn   11/03/09 01:03 PM
. * Re: You are good to go! :) LN   05/19/08 04:52 AM
. * Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   05/28/08 11:45 AM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories jay219   01/05/09 10:04 AM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   01/05/09 01:38 PM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   07/02/08 02:23 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? yoffie   08/07/07 09:22 AM
. * for Yoffie line415   09/03/07 07:43 PM
. * The IBS Audio Program works wonderfully with teens Marilyn   08/07/07 02:04 PM
. * Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens yoffie   09/23/07 05:11 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens Marilyn   09/24/07 12:48 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens yoffie   10/30/07 04:50 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens Marilyn   10/30/07 09:53 PM
. * Re: The IBS Audio Program/teens can i get your feedback? yoffie   08/07/07 03:08 PM
. * Flagyl is metronidazole. I think it's brand name vs generic. -nt- lalala   08/07/07 08:11 PM
. * Constipation and Alternating Success Stories Marilyn   08/24/06 05:46 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 158967

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design