Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
Constipation and Alternating Success Stories
      08/24/06 05:46 PM

From time to time we have inquiries regarding if the IBS
Every one is different for the time it takes to see some improvement, so don't despair, improvement is not always seen after just a few sessions, but it is gradual. Here are some folks from the success thread that have been helped with Mike's program for improvement with C (Constipation) and bloating.

Also take a peek at the symptoms chart -

http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/books/hypnoibs.asp

You will see the rate of symtom improvement for constipation and bloating - and for 20 IBS and related symptoms.

Remember to be gentle with yourself and persevere - you most likely have had IBS longer than 100 days, so just know that you can feel better with time and patience...

Here are some encouraging posts for Constipation and alternating symptoms where the program was helpful -

----------------------------

I finished listening to Mike's tapes in March 2000. Prior to that I alternated C&D, with constipation and pain lasting 3 days at a time, and a lot of bloating. I rarely am constipated now, and only have pain around my period. Bloating is also to a minimum.

I've found that the tapes have helped other areas of my life, also. I tend to hold my stress in my lower back, and now when I feel the tension in that portion I do self-hypnosis and it relaxes the muscles to the point they don't go into spasms.

I'm extrememly lucky because I had only had IBS for about a year before doing these tapes, and so was able to nip it in the bud before it got worse. I listen to a tape or two once a week now just to relax.

JeanG
=================================================

From LG
before I started the tapes I was constipated all the time, I suffered from almost
dialy nausea that would not let up, even woth motilium (a drug designed to eliminate
nausea, whatever the cause), I got a lot of bloating - to the extent that my clothes would
no longer fit by mid/late afternoon, cramping pains, especially in my lower right side,
lots of flatulence, and almost more importantly I felt miserable most of the time. It
seeemd that there was not much else in life except was I going to be able to 'go' today
and even if I did would it bring relief or would I still feel like htere should be more, would
I be able ot fit into my clothes and be comfortable etc etc. After doing the tapes I now
feel alot more positive, I can remeber now what a good day is and can keep this is
mind when things arn't so good. Yes I still have bad days, but they arnt as bad or as
frequent. The incomplete evacuation feeling is almost never there, and I very rarely feel
sick any more (this is great!). the bloating is less now, and I pass less gas.
I got quite dispondant when I was doing the tapes because I didnt really feel any thing
was changing until about 60 -70 days, but I emailed Mike and he was good enough to
reply and keep me on track.
This late action is probaly the reason why I like to carry on with the tapes now, plus I
cant really understand how or why the effect of 100 days would last forever wothout
some revison.

After 11 years of having this thing and trying most things I have read about on htese
BBs (including elimination diets, wheat free, dairy free, antidepressants, homeopathy,
yogs, fibre suppliments, low fibre diet, high fibre diet, linseeds, laxatives, bulking
agents, stool softeners.....de da de dah) I can honestly say that Mikes tapes have been
the most beneficial thing I ve done, so well worth the time and money.
Ugh, keep on witht the tapes, if you find they help even a little id say when you reach
100 days go back and start them again. Keep at it. I personally dont think that iBS is
entirely brain-gut, but I think it does play a large part in it, even if only as a consequence
rather than a cause.

================================================
From Scotcat-UK,
About a year ago I was suffering very badly with IBS-Constipation and was in constant pain. (I'd
suffered on and off for many years but never with continuous pain lasting many weeks)
After finding this website, I phoned up for the IBS tapes and spoke to Mike personally.
Although I was very sceptical that they would work, I was getting so desperate that I
would have tried anything!
It must have taken about three weeks before I started to feel any real benefit from the
tapes, although I was enjoying doing them anyway as it gave me some time through the
day to switch off and relax. I finished the tapes in late September and, by then, all my
IBS symptoms had gone. Before I started the tapes, my IBS used to flare up when I
would go round to friends' for a meal. I had even been known to resort to lying down flat
in their bathroom in an effort to get some relief from the pain. Now I can enjoy my
evenings out without worrying any more.
In the 6 months since I have finished the tapes, I have had only occasional, mild
cramping, but it has always gone after a day or so. I've even had a major holiday to
Florida without any symptoms. When I'm feeling stressed at work or home, I make time
to listen to my favourite session(s) again, and that always helps. What I'm trying to say
is please stick with the tapes if you are trying them. It might not be instant but it certainly
does work. I'd also like to say thanks to Mike - you've turned my life around.
From Jane 93
Yes they (Mike's tapes) helped me a lot..I rarely get C any more and therefore the gas is reduced...depending on what I eat. I found relief pretty early on and its been several years and I still feel good. I beleive it helps me relax my belly and so therefore helps get rid of C.

Hi everyone! I finished my tapes in early June and have also found benefit from them. (Sorry I haven't been around)
As an IBS-Constipation and GERD person, I've noticed that the constant urging to go during the day has slowed tremendously. I also feel less anxious. I feel that my bowel, in general, is less sensitive too -- it reacts less to the everyday stresses of life.

Anyways, I continue to listen to the tapes regularly in no particular order (just whatever I like).

Still hoping for more improvement as time goes on.

Thanks,
ng
----------------------------------

ubu1
January 05, 2005 10:53 AM
I started on Dr. Michael Mahoney's 100-day program 32 days ago and it has been amazingly helpful. I have had a normal bowel movement almost every day for 2 weeks, reduced bloating, and less anxiety. I can't recommend it enough.

===============================================

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn 08/23/06 09:42 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 jb24   09/06/14 10:30 PM
. * ADDED Recent Encouraging Stories for Hypnosis IBS Audio Program Marilyn   10/13/14 01:00 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Dotcase   05/12/11 06:26 PM
. * Another Encouraging Comment for IBS Audio Program Marilyn   06/09/11 12:17 PM
. * Some Great Reviews for the IBS Audio Program! :) Marilyn   02/19/13 11:24 PM
. * Re: Some Great Reviews for the IBS Audio Program! :) Marilyn   06/04/13 12:08 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 KareBear   05/30/11 09:28 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 *DELETED* araceli   02/28/11 10:17 PM
. * This is SPAM not a ligit post - nt - Syl   03/01/11 05:48 AM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LtDanFan   02/28/11 05:25 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn   02/28/11 06:01 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 RSQ   03/23/11 02:02 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LtDanFan   03/01/11 11:28 AM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 Marilyn   03/01/11 09:59 PM
. * Re: A few encouraging stories - feedback for the IBS Audio Program 100 LauraHarris   01/18/11 07:26 PM
. * A New Encouraging story! Marilyn   06/04/07 05:44 PM
. * From Heather's Newsletter - Another Hypnotherapy Success Marilyn   06/12/07 08:39 AM
. * Some New Updates Marilyn   03/30/07 02:04 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? feelinggood   08/06/07 06:57 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   08/06/07 09:18 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Susie1985   05/12/11 02:45 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   05/12/11 11:18 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Lynn26   06/02/09 08:27 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   09/12/09 12:00 PM
. * Another encouraging story - :) Marilyn   09/12/09 12:01 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? LN   05/15/08 05:25 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? Marilyn   05/15/08 11:18 AM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? LN   05/18/08 12:48 AM
. * You are good to go! :) Marilyn   05/18/08 01:42 AM
. * Re: You are good to go! :) LN   10/17/09 05:03 PM
. * Listening during a difficult emotional time Marilyn   10/17/09 10:29 PM
. * Re: Listening during a difficult emotional time LN   10/28/09 02:18 PM
. * More Positive Feedback!!! Marilyn   11/03/09 01:03 PM
. * Re: You are good to go! :) LN   05/19/08 04:52 AM
. * Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   05/28/08 11:45 AM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories jay219   01/05/09 10:04 AM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   01/05/09 01:38 PM
. * Re: Some MORE GREAT SUCCESS Stories Marilyn   07/02/08 02:23 PM
. * Re: Anyone know how to email Michael directly? yoffie   08/07/07 09:22 AM
. * for Yoffie line415   09/03/07 07:43 PM
. * The IBS Audio Program works wonderfully with teens Marilyn   08/07/07 02:04 PM
. * Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens yoffie   09/23/07 05:11 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens Marilyn   09/24/07 12:48 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens yoffie   10/30/07 04:50 PM
. * Re: Question for Marilyn on Hypnosis with teens Marilyn   10/30/07 09:53 PM
. * Re: The IBS Audio Program/teens can i get your feedback? yoffie   08/07/07 03:08 PM
. * Flagyl is metronidazole. I think it's brand name vs generic. -nt- lalala   08/07/07 08:11 PM
. * Constipation and Alternating Success Stories Marilyn   08/24/06 05:46 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 163959

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design