Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Heather & Company View Cart
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Seriegubben

Reged: 04/05/12
Feeling of incomplete evacuation & exercise?
      08/23/12 12:01 PM

Hello there!

My name is Alexander, I'm a 22 year old guy from Sweden who have recently undergone several tests, both in personal clinical interests and scientific interests, to see whether or not I have IBS. Sadly, it turns out I do. My experience with IBS is quite modest in comparission to some of the horror stories I read about here. You people truly have all of my support and sympathy!

I do have irregular bowel movements, and alternating constipation and diarréa. I do have swollen belly due to all the gas I'm producing, I do have occasional stomach pains and I do have this constant feeling of incomplete evacuation. The latter is, by far, the most annoying aspect of IBS which I have to deal with.

If you wish to, you don't absolutely need to read the text below. You can just skip to the bolded text to see what I want to ask.

And now let's go a little more on the topic:

Due to the fact that I could no longer eat the way I did before I experienced the horrors of IBS, I also lost the interest to exercise. You see, I find heavy weightlifting to be of interest to me, and I had been lifting weights in the gym seriously for about a year before I realized that something was wrong with my gut and butt. When I coudln't eat the way I was used to in order to put on muscles and pounds, I simpy didn't think it was fun anymore. I also stopped jogging, which was something I used to do to in order to make up for the fat I accumulated when weight lifting.

In short, I went doing weight training in the gym on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, and from doing approximitely 30-40 min jogging on tusedays and thursdays, to not exercising at all. Except for the hour I bicycle to and from work, and not counting the amount of walking and lifting I do in my job (I work at a warehouse), I didn't do anything in regards of exercise. This was until 3 weeks ago, when I started exercising according to the schedule I used to follow. The only thing I've changed is that I now follow Heathers diet plan a little more, and that I don't eat as much as before.

And I suddendly feel that the feeling of incomplete evacuation is worse now. So bad in fact, that I'm extremely annoyed by it constantly, and like many others with IBS it have a huge impact on my quality of life.

Bottomline, my question to you all is this: is it even possible that exercise could worsen the feeling of incomplete evacuation, or is it all in my head?

Thanks in advance!

/ Alexander

Edited by Seriegubben (08/24/12 09:16 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Feeling of incomplete evacuation & exercise? Seriegubben 08/23/12 12:01 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1954

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design