All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to Yoga...Any suggestions?
      #7297 - 04/25/03 12:27 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I just recently bought the Rodney Yi tapes off of a TV infomercial. I am using the "Sress reducing" tape first until I get limbered up enough to do more advanced Yoga. But, I have a hard time finding a good time of day to do it. I'm not a morning person and wake up slowly...by the time I wake up and get ready for work it's time to leave the house at 7:30 a.m. Then when I get home around 4:30 I have my "chores" to do....i.e. take care of our dogs, dinner, etc. And when my husband gets home I am just ready to either take a walk with him or sit down and talk or watch TV. Any suggestions? I have tried to do a few Yoga "stretches" in the morning after I get out of the shower but am not feeling as if it is helping me limber up much yet. I know if I could just stick to it in a daily routine I would see much better results. It's the finding time to do it that is the hard part.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to Yoga...Any suggestions? new
      #7451 - 04/26/03 02:24 PM
YogaTeacher

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: New Hampshire

Hey Nugget,

You hit the nail right on the head when you said finding time is the key.

I would suggest that perhaps you take a look at your schedule and if you really can't find time to do a whole hour or whatever then maybe you can break down your yoga time into 15 minute segments. Sometimes just sitting still and breathing properly can be the greatest gift you give yourself all day.

Also, not to be tough on you.... if you take a little bit of that sleepy waking up morning time and start to do your yoga practice consistently (this part is key) then you might not only start to feel more limber , but also more aware and awake as you start your day. You also might find that you have more energy late rin the day for your time with your husband.

A lot of times when folks are new to yoga they want to see results right away but you will only get as much from your practice as you out into it. if you ahve any other comments or questions please feel free to write. Hope you are well and stick with it!

peace,
k

--------------------
"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Re: New to Yoga...Any suggestions? new
      #8358 - 05/06/03 12:08 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I have some of the same troubles you are mentioning... definately not a morning person, hard to find time in the early evening... too tired later in the evening.

I did just get a tape called AM and PM yoga. I have been doing the AM yoga for about 2 weeks and it is a great, gentle way to ease into it. The AM section is Rodney Yee and is only about 15 minutes. Most of the time is on the floor, and you start out lying down. I am such a slug, yet I can crawl out of bed and do the tape first thing, before I shower. I am still practically asleep when I start, but it really helps wake you up.

Maybe one of these days I will get around to trying the PM yoga...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4894

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review