All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gluten-Dairy-egg-sugar free Quinoa Pancakes- Oh yeah!
      #44755 - 02/13/04 07:04 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

I made quinoa pancakes this morning and they were so good I had to share the recipe! I have to eat quinoa b/c it's one of the only grains I can tolerate (allergies) but I've never enjoyed it this much...

1 1/4 cups quinoa flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
or 1/2 tsp unbuffered vitamin C crystals
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate (unsweetened)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl really well. Mix wet ingredients together- pour into dry and stir until just mixed- don't overdo it! Cook on a greased griddle (they stick a little). Enjoy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gluten-Dairy-egg-sugar free Quinoa Pancakes- Oh yeah! new
      #44780 - 02/13/04 08:24 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Laura: Thank you for this recipe. There are several of us on the board that don't eat traditional grains. I made a quinoa vegetable soup yesterday that was wonderful, I got the recipe off the quinoa.net site. Keep posting!

Karin, Quinoa veggie soup with whole quinoa? new
      #44873 - 02/13/04 02:41 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I went to your web site and didn't see the soup recipe anywhere. Am I missing something?
Wanna send the link, please?

--------------------

#44877 - 02/13/04 02:49 PM
Kandee

Laura, Thanks so much. I'll have to give quinoa a second chance, if you say these were that good. My first go 'round with quinoa was a bust, but that was years ago.

I like to make up extra GF pancakes and keep them in a zip bag in the fridge. That way when I need a little something I grab one and sprinkle sugar on it. Oh is that good! Sometimes I nuk the pancake sometimes I eat it cold.

And OMG, the agave nectar..............that stuff could get addictive, but at nearly $5 for less than 8 oz. I don't think so. If I heard right it is quite low on the glycemic index but don't know the exact figure, do you?

--------------------

Laura and Kandee new
      #44894 - 02/13/04 03:29 PM
Karin

Kandee: It's under recipes, then go to grain. The little gray squares are your windows to the other pages. Here's the direct link to the page though and yes I did use whole quinoa and it was good. Quinoa Recipes Laura & Kandee: I ordered some Amaranth foods today and some of the grains to cook with. Got them and some more recipes at Amaranth recipes

Thanks............. new
      #44916 - 02/13/04 05:05 PM
Kandee

yes, there it was. I don't know how I missed it. Thought I'd checked through all the squares.

I'd love, (I think) the corn soup.

Nice to have the amaranth site, thanks too for that.

Have you worked with sorgum flour? It's delightful. Bob's Mill makes it and I'm sure other manufactures.

--------------------

Re: Thanks and sorghum? new
      #44956 - 02/14/04 05:18 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

Hi fellow GF'ers! Thanks for the link. No, Kandee, I don't know what the glycemic index for agave nectar is- I've always used maple syrup instead, because in Canada maple trees are more common than cacti, so maple syrup is cheaper!I've never tried sorghum, is it mostly soluble fiber? I am intrigued!!!!

And a Hi back to you GF'er new
      #45024 - 02/14/04 04:55 PM
Kandee

Laura, If I lived in Canada and could get pure maple syrup cheap I'd be drinking it as a beverage!
Love the stuff! But it doesn't love my hips or waistline.

Some of use have grown up around cactus and are finally glad they have something more pleasant produced from them other than thorns in the b*.

About sorghum flour as an alt. flour.....it actually is a grass...thought to have been first discovered in Africa because it can be grown in harsh climates. I understand it's used extensively in India. It is in a way, a relative of cane sugar, and to me, has a slightly sweet taste.
It's a little grainy, like some rice flours, so you have to add corn or tapioca starch. If you want to know more do a net search.

There are so many alt. flours out there. I just wish I knew how to use more of them with success.

--------------------

#45074 - 02/15/04 09:49 AM
Karin

Hey Laura, I made these this morning and they were great! Thanks again!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4440

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review