All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Grilled Swordfish Oriental Style
      #301386 - 03/04/07 02:18 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I picked up this recipe years ago at the King's Supermarkets fish counter. It's very good and I was surprised I hadn't already posted it. It's a long time until grill season but the question about marinades inspired me to dig this out.

Please note that swordfish is a large predator fish. If you're pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you should check with your doctor about eating it.

Grilled Swordfish Oriental Style

4 swordfish steaks, each about 3/4 inches thick, trimmed of outer skin
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange rind
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice strained of pulp {I never worry about straining out the pulp}
1&1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 teaspoons powdered ginger

1. Place swordfish steaks in a shallow dish that can hold the pieces in a single layer.

2. Combine orange rind, juice, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Spoon over steak. Cover and refrigerate for no more than two hours, turning the steaks from time to time.

3. Preheat grill or broiler. If broiling, position rack about 5 inches from heat source. Brush grill rack or broiler pan with vegetable oil to prevent the fish from sticking. Remove steaks from the marinade and place on rack of grill or broiler pan; reserve marinade for basting. {See note below recipe about basting with reserved marinade.}

4. Total cooking time will be approximately ten minutes. Turn the steaks once during cooking with a wide metal spatula. Baste every few minutes with the reserved marinade. When steaks are done they will be lightly golden, feel firm to the touch, and barely flake when tested with the tip of a knife.

Serves 4.

Stir-fried asparagus topped with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds makes a wonderful accompaniment.

I disagree strongly with the advice to paste frequently with the reserved marinade. If you want to baste repeatedly, make extra marinade and keep the raw fish out of it. If you use the reserved marinade, baste with it only once as soon as you put the fish on the grill.

As for the side dish of asparagus, I can tolerate it with no trouble but it is definitely IF. I serve this with rice and asparagus.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Grilled Swordfish Oriental Style new
      #302390 - 03/16/07 11:42 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Sand I was just thinking it was getting close to the time of year to fill up the propane tank for the BBQ!! I COULD grill on year, but out deck faces in such a way that you get blown over from about Oct 1st-April 1st..... LOL

This sounds great and easy too.... I don't think Shane would eat it..... MORE FOR ME!! I wonder if I could it ALL up and one time..... what the cold left overs would taste like, maybe broken up into some cold pasta?....uummm... I'm getting hungry now!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review