All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Frozen Strawberry Cake
      #201149 - 07/31/05 06:05 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm going to make everyone fat if it's the last thing I do. Just kidding. This is another one on my to-try list, from one of my early-1950s cookbook...

1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup soy milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine ingredients in order listed and blend well. Line a freezing tray with waxed paper, fill with the mixture and freeze until firm. Cut into squares, top with whipped cream substitute of choice and a few pecans or fresh whole strawberries. Serves 6.

The original recipe called for cream instead of soy milk... I would NOT use rice milk for this recipe, I just don't think it's rich and creamy enough.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

what's a freezing tray? -nt- new
      #201174 - 07/31/05 09:08 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Just a shallow-ish pan new
      #201188 - 07/31/05 11:26 AM
atomic rose

You could use a large loaf pan, that'll work just fine. The general idea is that you don't want it TOO thick, or it's harder to cut.

Re: Lol, cream, eh? new
      #201210 - 07/31/05 12:22 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Sorry, Casey. It just reminds me of your "frozen lard" comment.

Re: Frozen Strawberry Cake new
      #201354 - 08/01/05 09:39 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

YOu are evil Casey! I am still drooling over the cake for one recipe now this one!! Oh I also got to have fresh Maine lobster last night. My BIL and SIL brought some back from their trip. THey stayed at Acadia National Park for a few days then went to a resort in Bar Harbor. THey had a blast and loved Maine. Their pictures were beautiful! THe lobster was wonderful. THey brought 14 back live and kept them fresh for the family. We had a big cookout last night. I would love to visit Maine someday. Just thought I'd share since you gave me the info a few months back. They really enjoyed their trip!

There should really be a smiley with devil horns new
      #201366 - 08/01/05 10:19 AM
atomic rose

Haha... glad to "help"!

Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so glad they had such a good time! They timed their visit perfectly, too, it sounds like - the weather's been awful up here until just a couple weeks ago. Acadia and Bar Harbor are so nice; definitely visit someday! It's REALLY beautiful here right at the beginning of October...

You know what's funny? I still haven't had lobster since I moved here - and that was 2 years ago already!! LOL We don't live close enough to the coast; lobster is really expensive here.

Frozen lard - yum! new
      #201367 - 08/01/05 10:21 AM
atomic rose

YUCK!! Hehe.

Last night we were at the fair, and Adam just HAD to have some fried dough, covered with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Oh, it smelled SO good... and Adam offered me a bite... but I looked over and saw a drop of grease drip off it, and suddenly all I could think of was drinking a bottle of oil. Talk about turning my stomach. I definitely didn't want a bite after that.

I wish my imagination were marketable as a diet aid. I'd make a fortune.

Re: Frozen Strawberry Cake new
      #201455 - 08/01/05 01:35 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Serves 6

Are you kidding me? I'd eat the WHOLE DARN THING!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: There should really be a smiley with devil horns new
      #201459 - 08/01/05 01:52 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Haha... glad to "help"!

Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so glad they had such a good time! They timed their visit perfectly, too, it sounds like - the weather's been awful up here until just a couple weeks ago. Acadia and Bar Harbor are so nice; definitely visit someday! It's REALLY beautiful here right at the beginning of October...

You know what's funny? I still haven't had lobster since I moved here - and that was 2 years ago already!! LOL We don't live close enough to the coast; lobster is really expensive here.

I feel your pain, Casey! I just got back from a trip to Cape Cod and didn't have a single bite of lobster, either. It was just toooooo pricey. I did have some other terrific seafood, so I didn't feel too bad, but I miss lobster bisque so much! I have to figure out a way to make that IBS safe. Sounds like my next project.

Ohhh... fried dough. That used to be my absolute favorite. Yep, now it spells instant pain and suffering. Not fun.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

OMG.... this was great!... new
      #202274 - 08/03/05 09:26 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I made this and it was awesome!!! I actually used Raspberries instead(didn't have straberries in the house) and it was incredible! Thanks Casey, Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review