All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chocolate sorbet!
      #135957 - 01/07/05 04:41 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Right, since you all know I'm a food nut (or if you didn't, you do now), you'll also know that I watch the food network constantly. Religiously. The food network is practically my god.

So I was watching Christine Cushing live, and the theme of the day was cocoa! She made this awesome looking sorbet, so I thought I'd share! Dairy free!

Chocolate sorbet

1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted (125 ml)
1 cup water (250 ml)
2/3 cup granulated sugar (150 ml)
1 tsp Frangelico (5 ml)
Squeeze of ½ lime

Directions:

Make a simple syrup by adding sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar dissolves completely. Add the cocoa to warm syrup. Whisk to incorporate and dissolve cocoa. Add Frangelico and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir to combine. Cool completely. Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to freezer to set completely.

Now I so need to go and buy an ice cream maker...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chocolate sorbet! new
      #135961 - 01/07/05 05:43 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Isabel!

You are an angel! This sounds great. Wish we had food network over here!

--------------------
S.

Re: Chocolate sorbet! new
      #135988 - 01/07/05 07:23 AM
Ravenndark

I'm not an angel...the halo is just held up by my horns!

I'm thinking that maybe I can just leave it to freeze overnight, because we don't have an ice cream machine.

I can't live without the food network anymore...I'd addicted!

Ravendark! new
      #136020 - 01/07/05 08:52 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Mmmm this one sounds good...I too am a foodie....especially when it comes to anything sweet, though Im still having trouble to get my tummy to like things that are meant to be safe! Just wondering and duno if this is a stupid question but what is frangelico or whatever its called?? Is that an american or will there be some kind of English equivalent??

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Ravendark! new
      #136046 - 01/07/05 10:02 AM
Ravenndark

it's a hazelnut liqueur, so I'm sure you could add in any kind of booze you wanted! I'm underage, so I plan on adding that much in chocolate syrup, for a kind of double boost! That small of an amount shouldn't hurt my tummy.

Tell me if you try it!

Tried it new
      #140076 - 01/19/05 02:35 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

As soon as I saw this recipie I had to borrow my friends ice-cream maker and try it!!! However, I have a couple suggestions:
It was VERY chocolatey/cocoa-y (if that is a word), almost too much for me, but that depends on your preference.

After in the freezer overnight the ice cream was runny (not ice creamy), so I assume this may be a "use immediately" recipe. In the ice-cream maker book it states to add the liquer last (perhaps not when dissolving ingredients over heat, but when pouring cooled mixture into ice-cream maker) as alcohol often impedes with the freezing process. Maybe then it will be able to keep in the freezer?? Was there any mention of this on the food network?

I used Dooly's (toffee liqueur)...Too bad mine didn't turn out, have to try again!

Thanks for the recipe though!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 218 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2565

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review