2 green onions, sliced

Southwest Spice Blend
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp cilantro leaves
1/8 tsp ground red pepper

Directions:
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-heat. Add chicken and onions; cook 4-5 minutes.
Stir in broth, green chilies and Southwest Spice Blend; simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in beans. Simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with soy or rice cheese, if desired. Makes 4 cups.

WITHOUT CHEESE....Calories: 242, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 61 mg, Sodium: 587 mg, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 30 g

web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (11/09/04 08:27 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Southwest White Chili new
      #120393 - 11/09/04 07:28 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh, this sounds YUM! Would you believe I've never had a white chili? I think it might be time to try... thanks Shell!

Re: Southwest White Chili (To Our New Little Chef) This sounds GOOD Shell!! new
      #120432 - 11/10/04 04:07 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Shell am going to give this a try. Sounds very tasty. I like the white beans even better. They are much softer than the red or pink.

I've used them in quite a few recipies before and find them much easier to digest. I also get small white beans and put them in soups too. A lot of protein and less gas.

Getting to be quite the cook or were you always trying new things but are sharing them with us now. Love having new things to try. After cooking for more than 40 years now get tired of planning what to make sometimes.

Thanks Shell and great work on your diet in case you didn't see my last post to you!!

If you don't hear from me sometimes remember I'm still thinking of you. Although I sent the computer out to be fixed I think it's ready for the junk heap but keep trying to keep her running as long as I can. I'm too stubborn for my own good!

Hugs,

Pat

#120654 - 11/10/04 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Oh, this sounds YUM! Would you believe I've never had a white chili? I think it might be time to try... thanks Shell!

This is sooo yummy!! I have not had it in MONTHS... give it a try.

--------------------

Re: Southwest White Chili (To Our New Little Chef) This sounds GOOD Shell!! new
      #120655 - 11/10/04 12:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell am going to give this a try. Sounds very tasty. I like the white beans even better. They are much softer than the red or pink.

I've used them in quite a few recipies before and find them much easier to digest. I also get small white beans and put them in soups too. A lot of protein and less gas. You've got it!!

Getting to be quite the cook or were you always trying new things but are sharing them with us now. I've made this before but it was months ago and I was not really sharing much then.... hehehe Love having new things to try. After cooking for more than 40 years now get tired of planning what to make sometimes. Yah, it is getting hard... but I like to throw in something to show Shane I'm not a boring same ole same ole cook!

Thanks Shell and great work on your diet in case you didn't see my last post to you!! Thanks... the weight is coming off slower now....but it is still coming OFF!!

If you don't hear from me sometimes remember I'm still thinking of you. Although I sent the computer out to be fixed I think it's ready for the junk heap but keep trying to keep her running as long as I can. I'm too stubborn for my own good! hehehe I know you will show up sooner or later...

Hugs,

Pat

--------------------

Shell, this was great! (m) new
      #244585 - 02/07/06 05:51 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made this on Sunday and my husband loved it. I told him I had a list of other white bean chilis to work through and he said, "Why bother?"

I wasn't sure exactly what 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro leaves meant (are there dried cilantro leaves?), so I just chopped up some fresh cilantro and threw it in. I served this with Heather's Cornbread from EFI - great meal. Thanks.

Oh, and it's not just your recipes - I love your new picture, too.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#244599 - 02/07/06 06:45 AM
Sassi0619

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: Vermont

This sounds fabulous!!! How much is a serving?

#244635 - 02/07/06 08:40 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

This sounds fabulous!!! How much is a serving?

I THINK the calories was for 5 servings (makes 4 cups total)...so if you want to really measure out .80 of a cup per serving...LOL or you can just multiply the calories etc by 5 and then divide by 4 that will give you the info on a 1 cup serving...... did that confuse you? (I think I confused myself..J/K)

--------------------

#246115 - 02/14/06 06:06 AM
Sassi0619

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: Vermont

Makes perfect sense!!! Thank you!

#279905 - 08/25/06 08:20 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm just bumping this up. It's really become a go-to recipe for me because it's easy, very quick, very delicious, and - as long as I remember to put chilis and white beans on the grocery list - I can make it from stuff on hand. I served it last night with Heather's Simple Sweet Cornbread - a great meal.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 286 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review