All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
A post from an oldie..... new
      #336036 - 09/15/08 10:25 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

First of all I just wanted to say hi to any of the old posters like Shell, Michele, Lauren(Flipada),Heidi(Torbetta),Ginger, and any others that I might have missed. I really have missed these people as we use to have such great conversations. I lurk on the boards about every other day. Mostly in the recipe sections as I love to try new things. But some of our great recipe posters are no longer posting. Don't get me wrong, I welcome the newbies but miss the comfort of some of my old friends.

I have been busy. Noah and Ava are getting big and Noah will be starting pre-school soon. Ava will be 2 in November and is already potty-training! Yippe! I am back to work as a schoolteacher and busy as usual. Hubby and I took a 10 year anniversary trip to the Bahamas in early August. Before all the hurricaanes (thank goodness!). It was a great time and a great way to reconnect.

I have been doing really well since starting Lexapro last year. But I made a decision to go off of it because it was killing my libido. I slowly weaned off this summer and am now taking Wellbutrin. Much better for the libido, not so good for the stomach. I had my first attack in a long time last night. Actually my stomach has been unstable for about 2 weeks. It could be getting back to work as well, but I lend some of it to the switch of medications. So I am back to really being careful and almost to the point where I am back to square one. IBS really has a mind of its own. Anyways would love to hear from any old friends and certainly any new ones as as well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A post from an oldie..... new
      #336058 - 09/15/08 06:14 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Hi there, Angela!
I've been lurking as well. It's been a very busy time this summer and now school year. I have two new jobs. I got a new full time teaching position at a middle school (7th grade) but not before accepting an adjunct position at the community college here so I'm learning a lot. I've taught HS for 15 years so I'm going older and younger at the same time. Both jobs are going well but life is super busy, obviously. Going from a part time job teaching to a full time plus is a lot.

Of course, the kids are getting bigger and involved in their own things. Tanner will be 13 next month and is on the soccer team. Unfortunately, I will miss most of his gamest due to the college class. Logan is 9 and is also playing soccer. They're both doing pretty well in school so far...from what I hear! But running from soccer practice to soccer practice and game to game is crazy.

Serena is 15 months and is the ruler of the household. My stepdad has nicknamed her CZARina! Ain't it the truth. She's fun but she's definitely outspoken.

Sorry to hear you're having tummy probs. I've been on Wellbutrin for years and it hasn't been a prob. BTW, I was on Zoloft but switched for the same reason you did: libido. Got much better.

SENDING BIG HUGS YOUR WAY!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#336061 - 09/16/08 04:10 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Hi to both of you West MI oldies Good to hear from you. Sounds like you're both busy with kids and teaching. Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles Angela. I hope once your body adjusts to the new meds and the new school year things will settle down. I can't believe how old your kids are already. Wasn't Ava just born??

I too am somewhat of a lurker since I don't really have IBS issues. But I do still enjoy reading about what's going on and trying to help out others. Be sure to stop in and post updates once in a while. And some new pics of the kids would be great!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: A post from an oldie.....
      #336077 - 09/16/08 10:28 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey ladies! I'm an official lurker as well! My tummy still bothers me but not as bad as before and frankly, with my sarcoidosis, my tummy problems seem small in comparison! Luckily my remicade treatments are going well. I am due for my next one this Thursday and I definitely need it! It just seems to wear off just before the next one but I am already on the highest dose and frequency allowed. But, overall, I am much better than I was! So much so that Will and I are repainting the house! I will start a new thread with pictures.

Angela, I can't believe how old your kids are already! Seems like not too long ago we were talking fertility!! Crazy!!!!

I really liked the lexapro but am now on cymbalta. I tried the wellbutrin and it did make my tummy problems worse. Hopefully your tummy will settle down once you get back into the school year routine!

Love and hugs to you all!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#336104 - 09/16/08 06:13 PM
Angela E.

Hey ladies! So good to hear from all of you!

Lauren- I totally understand about the whole ruling the house bit, Ava is so much a princess it is not even funny. She will sit there and chew her brother out for doing something and the next minute have him wrapped around her finger. She is a total brute when it comes to rough housing and taking a hit from her brother, yet she can turn on the crocodile tears and act so girly! She kills me! Sounds like school is keeping you busy as well. I have alot of kids this year and many are emotional wrecks! I tell you some kids have more of a past than I do and they are only 10!

Mary- Can't believe your little one is almost five months old. Enjoy this time because it goes sooo fast. Do you think you guys will try for another one in the future? Two are definaltely a riot! I love the interaction with siblings. Noah is protective of his sister, but will totally knock her down and beat on her himself. Just like a brother!

Michele- We never did get around to that meeting this summer did we? Time flies and we had such a busy summer. I am glad that your infusions are working. You deserve some relief after all you have been through. I am so hoping that the wellbutrin helps. I don't want to go back on Lexapro. For a year my tummy was good but my connection with my husband was not! Let's try to keep in touch once every coupld of weeks. Maybe one of us can keep a post called going where all of us can drop in to say a quick hi or something like that. I really don't know many of the new people and it would be nice to keep in touch with all of you.

#336107 - 09/17/08 04:27 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Is it coincidental that we're all from MI? Maybe we need to plan a get-together sometime...Lansing is kind of middle territory.

I too enjoy hearing from the "oldies".

Yes, we would LOVE to have 2 or 3 more kids!! Not quite ready for #2 yet, though :P (although we'd gladly take it if by some miracle it happened naturally and surprised us). I doubt anything would even be possible naturally while I'm breastfeeding. After I'm done with that we'll see if my body starts working like a normal woman's body (before pg I didn't ovulate on my own). If so, we'll see what happens (for a few months). If not (or if nothing happens naturally after bf) then it's back to IVF for #2...and 3...and 4 I would love to be pg again by the end of next year. We'll see. For now I'm enjoying every minute with Rebecca. She just started rolling over this week. I spotted her first tooth under the gumline. She's starting to sit up. And she's already wearing (and even outgrowing some!) 9m clothes. She's a big girl :P

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: A post from an oldie.....Shell's In The House!! :) new
      #336132 - 09/17/08 01:16 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm here, I'm here.... just crazy busy!! Being a homeowner (town house) is a big time eater!! Did another 5K last weekend...wait or was that the weekend before... yes, before...went to the fair with my sister last! LOL Back to the gym after knee problems. Doing "Walk From Obesity" in honor of my father Sept 28th (see link in my signature). Our kitchen project (refacing, hardwoods, grantie counter, stainless appliances) starts on Oct 13th.... WWooohhooo so once that is finally done we can have our housewarming/holiday party!! FYI did you know there is only 98 days until Christmas!! (LOL I'll be hidding under my desk now for saying that) hehehe

I don't know if there are any posts about it.... but Jennifer Rose had her baby!! A cute little (ok not so little) girl.... Abby Rose... I'll let her tell you the scoop on that if she has not already.

OK off to the recipe board.... need to find a slowcooker one... I'll post more soon!

xoxo

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#336143 - 09/17/08 04:46 PM
Angela E.

Mary-
That would be nice to do! I forget that we are all from Michigan. Lansing is about 1 hour and half from me so I would be all up for a trip to meet up with all you ladies! I know what you mean about big girls. Ava is wearing 3T and 4T in her clothes! She is about 35 pounds. Noah's only 43 pounds and he is 3 years older. She is a solid little girl! She loves to eat! I hope that your little one does better with the teething than Ava did. She hated getting new teeth and usually kept me up for 2 or 3 nights in a row. Noah had no problem with it. I loved all those new little milestones. Such fun!

Re: A post from an oldie.....Shell's In The House!! :) new
      #336144 - 09/17/08 04:53 PM
Angela E.

Aren't new homes great? We moved in february and I spent the summer finishing up decorating rooms. I love our new home. It is a great entertaining house and we love to do that. We just had a housewarming party in August after we finally got our cement patio finished. It has a fire pit in it and has been fun to have on these cool nights! It sounds like you are busy with everything. Way to go on the 5K. That is great! What a great way to honor your dad. I know he was very special to you and I hope that doing this continues to help heal your pain from the loss.

Wow has it been that long since Jennifer announced she was having a baby. Tell her congrats and I love the name!
And hey if you have any new recipes post them when your over there on the recipe board. I still use two of your most famouse ones all the time, the meatloaf and silknog bread at X-mas!! Talk to you soon!

#336146 - 09/17/08 04:58 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It is good to see all of you hear. I'm right there with you lurking most of the time.

I've been having tummy issues lately but under tons of stress. We are getting ready to move down South a bit. My job is very stressful which doesn't help. My kids have all flown the coup so DH and I are empty nesters. Took some getting used to be we have grown to like just the two of us.

I have been working on getting my migraines under control with daily medication. It has been trial and error trying to find the right one.

I think it's a great idea to start a post every now and then to check in with each other and catch up.

I miss all the "oldies" here. You girls are great friends and I have very fond memories of all of you.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10873

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review