All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Totally Cofused and Don't Know What to Do...
      #335113 - 08/21/08 02:28 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Some of you may remember, I was a guinea pig for a new IBS blood test - manufactured by Prometheus Labs in CA?? It was touted as being the hottest thing since sliced bread and would even list your triggers.
When I was 12 years old (now 58) I was told I had a "spastic colon" and over the years, the diagnosis changed to IBS - most recently about 6 years ago by my GI. I've been diagnosed with everything from CFIDS and Fibromyalgia to Candida, to IBS to Diverticulosis - now this one lab says it's not IBS.
All I know is I have had all the symptoms all these years - diarrhea w/ certain foods + stress and alternating constipation w/ gas, severe cramping.... My general doctor thinks it's candida, but I know many experts don't believe in it. Now I really don't know what to eat...Right now, with my stress level, probably anything that doesn't bite me back!
Anyone else w/ mixed diagnoses???
All that protein on the Candida Diet will stuff me up like a turkey at Thanksgiving! My dr. says eat a little all day. That's cool - me sitting across the desk from students: "excuse me, but it's time for my 10:00 feeding!"
Soooooooooooooo frustrated and confused! I just wonder how accurate this lab is.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Totally Cofused and Don't Know What to Do... new
      #335124 - 08/21/08 04:35 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

AS long as you share I'm sure they won't mind.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#335167 - 08/23/08 02:33 PM
GaGa

(Big Smile)....As my two-year-old granddaughter would say: "you soooooo funny!"

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#335168 - 08/23/08 03:00 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

GaGa....so sorry you are going through this confusing and frustrating time. I, too, was diagnosed with IBS and diverticulosis after having been told when I was a kid that I had a "nervous stomach". Some days I can eat practically anything only to have it cause an attack anywhere from 1 to 3 days later. What we go through is soooo frustrating. I don't really have any advice....just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel and that I'm here for ya! {{{hugs}}}

#335169 - 08/23/08 05:59 PM
GaGa

Thank you for having such a kind heart - that proves you are one of God's special people! I really appreciate you caring thoughts - Dorothy

--------------------

#335176 - 08/23/08 10:08 PM

Unregistered

GaGa
I am so sorry to hear this. I know you must be so confused.
If you have the same systoms as IBS then tht is what I would say you have
I too have diverticulosis, and IBs and wasshocked to find out diverticulous was one thing I had
I hated to har I had it but was also glad to know what it as so people did not think I was crazy when I said I did not feel wee
What are you going to do
I would just be rallycareful what I ate, and you know what is good for you and what causes flare up, sometimes
I feel so bad for you
wish Ihad an answer for you
I am here for you and my thughts and payers are with you
I was sure this test would answer many questioons
Hang in there
Love, DeeDee

Re: DeeDee new
      #335180 - 08/24/08 05:38 AM
GaGa

DeeDee,
Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I think I'm just going to have to pray more and seek God's guidance. There's a scripture that says "Lord, show me the foods You have prepared for me..." (paraphrased), but that's going to be my prayer.
{{Hugs}} and thank you - Dorothy

--------------------

#335186 - 08/24/08 07:51 AM
Nugget

{{{hugs}}} thank you for always being there for me and for your kind words. Are you doing better today?

Re: DeeDee new
      #335190 - 08/24/08 08:22 AM

Unregistered

Good luck, GaGa
I know there is power through prayer,a nd with God. So you are right, just ask Him to help you
I willl be paying for you and thinking of you
Hang in there
Hugs, DeeDee

#335200 - 08/24/08 11:35 AM
GaGa

Yes, "Thank You".... better than yesterday and hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------

Hugs Dorothy! new
      #335211 - 08/24/08 01:36 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

Sorry you're having a hard time. I wanted to share w/you that my IBS is much more manageable now that I don't work outside the home. I can eat whenever I want/need to - so I do eat several very small meals a day - this has made a HUGE difference for me - if there's any way that you can make room for that kind of eating during your day I think it would help. I know that many nutrition "experts" advocate this kind of eating beyond IBS - even for weight loss. Hang in there!

#335216 - 08/24/08 04:06 PM
Nugget

I'll keep you in my prayers that every day is better. {{{hugs}}}

#335360 - 08/27/08 06:58 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I just wanted to say follow your heart. Your are strong women! You are very sweet and funny! I love reading your post. Thank you for your words of encourgment when I have need them ! (hugs) I hope it works out for you! Your in m y thoughts and prayers.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 703 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5127

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review