All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Possibly pregnant??? new
      #229303 - 12/05/05 07:21 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I am a week late on my cycle and it is usually 28 days apart on the dot. But I bought a generic brand pregnancy test and it came up negative. For the pregger girls :Is one brand better then another?

I would be happy either way but the waiting just kills me. I would like to get my cycle or a positive reading on a pregnancy test.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Possibly pregnant??? new
      #229307 - 12/05/05 07:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Christie! The store prengancy tests will vary depending on how much hcg they can detect. Thats really about the only difference. Like most of the EARLY tests will turn positive when you have 20 hcg and others at 50 and others at 100. If your pee was diluted, that would make a difference also. However, at a week late, most of the tests should show positive. It is possible that you didn't ovulate this month and thats why your not getting your period. I would retest with first morning urine and if you get a negative, call your obgyn. They may need to precribe a hormone called provera to get your period going again. You can always call and request a blood tests also as they are more accurate and most places can get the results same day or next day!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#229419 - 12/05/05 01:41 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oooooh let us know what happens!

--------------------

#229439 - 12/05/05 02:43 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i honestly don't know...so i don't really know why i am even responding...lol...but i used clear blue, or something, it says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and it came up "pregnant" i for some reason trust the non-generic brands...but i don't have any reason to think one is better than the other....so i'm sure my post was no help at all keep us posted though!!!!

tests new
      #229543 - 12/06/05 06:11 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I took tests for about 3 days until one turned positive. Finally on day 36 it turned positive. So, I took 4 more tests to make sure..all different brands!!! I was even taking the "early" pregnancy tests...and obviously they didnt' work. So, wait a couple days and try another one, but generic vs. store brand makes no difference...I used both. Good luck!! I'm now 24 weeks prego

Jessica

I've always used First Response and gotten acurate results! new
      #229691 - 12/06/05 01:02 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Update (men may not want to read)
      #230318 - 12/09/05 06:03 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I finally got my period almost two weeks late. I am always exactly 28 days apart so that is unusual for me. And then when I finally get it, it is so BAD!! I am nauseous, REALLY bad cramps, and I have a pain in my left shoulder blade and left side.

I usually do get bad cramps, but not this bad and I don't normally get nauseous. I tend to get allover achies during my cycle related to the fibro but I just have pain in my left shoulder blade and left side, it is REALLY uncomfortable. I have a call into my OB/GYN but it snowed here last night into this morning so no one answers at her office yet.

Ladies, do you think I should be concerned??

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Update (men may not want to read) new
      #230345 - 12/09/05 08:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, well it could be an early m/c. I've had that...late, unusually heavy and painful period. BUT if the pain in you left shoulder doesn't go away or if you feel sicker, get to the ER asap. My MIL told me that the pain in the left shoulder with the period type pains is classic signs of a ectopic pg.

#230372 - 12/09/05 10:45 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Is your pain just in you left side of your shoulder or abdomen also? I have had an ectopic and I bled from the beginning but not alot until they gave me the drugs to dissolve the pregnancy. But I also had an uncomfortable pain in my lower abdomen.. Did any of your pregnancy tests come up positive? If you have one at home maybe take it and if it comes up positive then got to the ER immediately. If not positive then keep trying the OB and see what they say. Either way you don't want to mess around if you suspect you might be pregnant especially if it could be an ectopic.

#230421 - 12/09/05 01:05 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I hope you have answers by now. Please update us when you can.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 864 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 980

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review