Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C'r and trying to get pregnant new
      #214655 - 09/20/05 10:22 AM
kkschiff

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: Southern New Jersey

Hi All,
I'm new here, and I posted on the IBS diet board about my question. I also did a search and read some helpful information, though not enough. I have IBS-C pretty bad, and I'm trying to get pregnant. I just started the IBS diet about 3 months ago, and I know I'm not getting the vitamins I need from my food. But, the multi-vitamins (like everything!) really give me bloating, cramping, and constipation, not to mention hemorrhoids! I am new in the area and don't have an OB/GYN yet, so I can't get an appointment for a while. My regular doc said to call the OB, so I'm stuck! Is there a certain pre-natal vitamin you recommend so I can call my old doc in my old home and ask for her to send a prescription until i get a new doc? What brand do you recommend? Thanks for the help!

--------------------
Kim !
IBS-C with bloating as main problem, and pain! Trying to get better...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C'r and trying to get pregnant new
      #214663 - 09/20/05 10:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I'm on the Pre-nate Elite. It doesn't make my C worse but I also take Miralax daily. There IS a prenatal vit that does have a stool softner in it but I can't remember the name, hopefully someone else can!!

What area did you move to?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#214669 - 09/20/05 10:42 AM
kkschiff

I'm from Texas, and I live in Southern New Jersey now, outside of Philadelphia, PA. I've been here for months, but I had an annual before moving and haven't needed an OB/GYN yet! My husband just graduated law school, and we're finally ready to have a baby... if I get all this IBS stuff under control. I think I've had it forever, but my doc just diagnosed it, so knowing I have it and dieting better is a big help! Hopefully I'll get a name of a vit I can specifically ask for and it will be easy. Thanks for the help!

--------------------
Kim !

#214673 - 09/20/05 10:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I don't know of any dr's to recommend in that area, sorry! However, I've been going through fertility treatments for some time now so if you have any questions along the baby making lines, I'll be happy to help!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#214693 - 09/20/05 11:14 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Welcome to the boards Kimberly!

I'm 32 weeks pg and since pregnancy can sometimes make C worse (especially with a supplement added into the equation) I haven't taken one vitamin supplement during my entire pregnancy. Since the IBS diet is a healthy one, my doctor is very confident that I'm getting all my needed vitamins and minerals in my diet. (the baby actually gets everything it needs, it's your own body that may or may not get enough) I just really make sure to eat plenty of all the right stuff. I'm not telling you that you should forfeit taking a supplement, but if you think about it, women have been having babies since the beginning of time... I think it's pretty safe to say that early on, they probably weren't taking supplements and just relied on their diets.

Good luck with conception! I hope things work out for you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#214967 - 09/21/05 12:45 PM
kkschiff

Thanks Michele,
I'll keep that in mind. GOod luck to you, too!
Kim

--------------------
Kim !

Re: IBS-C'r and trying to get pregnant
      #217449 - 10/04/05 05:19 PM
jeneric

Reged: 10/04/05

Hi! I was officially diagnosed (IBS-C) over a year ago, although I am a life long sufferer. I had to quickly register and log in to answer your posting. I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. I laid it on the line for my gyn and he put me on CITRACAL prenatal vitamins. They have a stool softener and seem to be helping. I am horrible taking pills or following a diet so this is all i have been using. I have to say that I have dabbled in different ways to handle the constipation and the high fiber diet worked best for me. I just cant get into the soy or strictness that is advised on this site. And now I am terrified to do anything that might hurt the baby or make things worse. I do have a current perscription for miralax but didnt know if it was safe during pregnancy. I would love to hear back from you to know how you are doing as well as others who may know more than we do!
Jenn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 352 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review