All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping
      #187733 - 06/21/05 08:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Who would have thought that such and exciting time in ones life (Buying their 1st place) would be so freaken stressful, time consuming, be all that you dream about (once you finally fall asleep)....etc etc etc

WOW!! We came very close to buying a place on Sat....but the parking broke the deal. So, we have looked at about 6 other places since then.

We don't want to leave our neighborhood but......we can't afford to BUY on the water...... that is what really sucks.... we pay rent now for a 1 bed on Alki for $850 per month... to BUY in our neighborhood, a 1 bed 1 bath starts about $230,000.00 (Example, the one that we did NOT buy, was a 2 bed 2 bath, not on Alki for $164,000.00 and monthly payments on those would run about $1,400.00).... could you imagine what it would be for $230,000.00 and THAT would be for a place smaller then what we are in now.

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a heads up as to why I have not been around much....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping new
      #187742 - 06/21/05 08:35 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Good luck! I know how tough it is to buy your first new home. My brother-in-law just bought a home in Squamish, BC. and it was almost TWICE the price of our home, almost half the size, and 30 years old! But then we live in a small town in Southern Ontario, so there you go. We don't have a view of mountains or water. Still, love our home.
The right one will come along for you. Just be patient. What is meant to be will be.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#187754 - 06/21/05 08:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

We struggled almost 6 years ago to find a home in the neighborhood we wanted that we could afford! Its lucky we bought when we did because the property values for my town are going up like crazy! Our house was built in 1922 so its OLD but has character and charm! Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#187756 - 06/21/05 09:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Shell,

Good luck with the condo hunting. I know exactly what you mean about being consumed. Everytime we hear of an area that we may be moving to I starting looking at houses on line. Right now it looks like Md. for us and that is all I do is look at houses. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time.

Happy hunting!

--------------------
Janey

Aww! Big hugs! new
      #187768 - 06/21/05 09:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

You guys are going to need the much needed break this weekend! If you want, I can hit Shane everytime you mention the word "condo". LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#187799 - 06/21/05 10:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Good luck! I know how tough it is to buy your first new home. My brother-in-law just bought a home in Squamish, BC. and it was almost TWICE the price of our home, almost half the size, and 30 years old! That is just want is crazy....a block apart from each other, same size etc... two TOTALLY different prices... But then we live in a small town in Southern Ontario, so there you go. We don't have a view of mountains or water. Still, love our home.
The right one will come along for you. Just be patient. What is meant to be will be. Yes, we will not live somewhere we will not LOVE coming home to. We will just stay where we are until the right one comes...

--------------------

#187805 - 06/21/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

We struggled almost 6 years ago to find a home in the neighborhood we wanted that we could afford! Its lucky we bought when we did because the property values for my town are going up like crazy! That is what Shane is affraid of...if we are having a hard time finding something NOW in the area that we want....it will only be harder in a few more years.... my sister bought a condo 4 years ago for 84,000 and if she were to sell it today she could easily get 149,000.... that is 16,000 PER YEAR in her pocket....which if it were us, we would us for a down payment on a HOUSE!! hehehe Our house was built in 1922 so its OLD but has character and charm! Good luck!

--------------------

#187807 - 06/21/05 10:17 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell,

Good luck with the condo hunting. I know exactly what you mean about being consumed. Everytime we hear of an area that we may be moving to I starting looking at houses on line. Right now it looks like Md. for us and that is all I do is look at houses. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time. Yes...and the most frustrating part is... your looking at a listing.....everything looks PERFECT and you are ready to call the realtor for a viewing and THEN you realize it says, "STI = Subject to inspection"... really meaning SOLD!!

Happy hunting!

--------------------

#187808 - 06/21/05 10:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good luck with that. It can be fun and stressful at the same time. I hope that you find something.

Re: Aww! Big hugs!
      #187809 - 06/21/05 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You guys are going to need the much needed break this weekend! If you want, I can hit Shane everytime you mention the word "condo". LOL

LOL... just be sure it is the left arm.... PT Heather beat up his arms at the gym pretty good on Sat and then last night he threw out his right arm playing softball for his work team... he hurts sooooo bad

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46866

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review