Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
WATCH OUT SEATTLE!!
      #140365 - 01/20/05 11:44 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
In the first week of February, I have a 'reading break' at school and Adrian will be waiting for his licence to work in security to come in so we will have a bunch of time off.
So for the last 2 days, Adrian has suddenly gotten pretty homesick and has been really quiet and he got a little upset when we went to a movie last night (We saw 'In Good Company') so I really feel for him.
And he has never been to the US! Sooooo... I am gonna take him on a road trip to Seattle! When I mentioned the idea he got really excited, so now I am really excited. It's about a 3 hour drive, so I am a tiny bit nervous but I am more determined to do something nice for Adrian.
So if you live in the Seattle area and will be around in the first week (I think) in February, we might be able to meet up!
I have just realised what a good thing Adrian is in my life since we moved. He really is my biggest ally, especially now that I am back with my family and old friends who aren't very understanding. I think I was pretty hard on him in England 'cause things were pretty intense, and I think things are falling into place a lot better here.
If you live there, or have been, let me know some good places to check out and to stay 'cause I am gonna start planning! Woo hoo.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well I can't help much... new
      #140369 - 01/20/05 11:55 AM

Unregistered

...but I just wanted to say how great it is to hear that you and Adrian are doing so well. I have no doubt that the move was tough on him so it's so nice to know that you feel things are working out better. I hope you guys have a fantastic trip!! You're both very lucky to have each other.

Thanks Brittany new
      #140373 - 01/20/05 12:01 PM
Stephie

I think the move has been hard on both of us, but that I was a little more ready for it than he was... He kept saying how he wasn't going to get homesick, and he'd be totally fine so it kinda snuck up on him. I kept saying he should expect to feel homesick eventually, but he was doin the 'tough guy' thing.
I do feel for him, I know how hard it is. I hope he gets to start doing something soon where he gets to meet some people, 'cause he's kinda been restricted to my friends who are mostly girls.. or idiots.
How are you doing? I am so glad I can post regularly now to see how everyone is doing!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: WATCH OUT SEATTLE!! new
      #140377 - 01/20/05 12:15 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OMG... this is JUST PERFECT!! I just emailed Mags...(Mags & Mikey are also going to be here in Seattle then) we are in the middle of planning a "dinner/gathering"... we THINK it will be Sat, Feb 5th!! WWWOOOHHHOOO... more details to follow!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Shell!! new
      #140378 - 01/20/05 12:18 PM
Stephie

That's awesome!!!
I was just looking at my day planner and the earliest day we can come down in the 4th, which just works out perfectly!! The only thing holding us back right now is a car, but I figure if we don't OWN a car by then we can always rent one for a few days!
That would be so excellent, I am even more excited now!!
Wooo hoo!!
Hey, do you know a good/cheap'ish place for us to stay while we're there? I am looking on the internet but it all looks the same to me!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Shell!! new
      #140379 - 01/20/05 12:19 PM
Shell Marr

SO COOL!! Can't wait to meet ya IN PERSON!!

What is your budget like for hotels and how many nights? Do you want to be in the HEART of Downtown Seattle or just near it?

--------------------

#140381 - 01/20/05 12:23 PM
Stephie

Um, I am thinking 3-4 nights. I think we would like to be right in Seattle, so we can be close to everything we wanna see and all that.
As far as my budget, I just don't know! It's been a while since I've booked a hotel over here, I can't remember what a good price is.
I can't wait to meet you in person either!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#140383 - 01/20/05 12:25 PM
Shell Marr

Why don't you email me with the ones that look interesting to YOU and i'll let ya know if I would touch them with a 10 foot poll or not!! LOL shell1970@aol.com

--------------------

#140386 - 01/20/05 12:28 PM
Stephie

Okay, great. It looks like there about 50 Holiday Inns in Seattle! Wow!
I just looked at car rentals places and it seems like it'll be about $120 CAD to rent a car, so that's not tooooo bad in case we don't have a car - totally doable for a chance to come down and meet you guys and show Adrian one piece of the US!
I will go back to the hotels and eMail you a few that look like a decent price range in a few minutes.
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Steph new
      #140470 - 01/20/05 04:39 PM

Unregistered

Yeah you gotta love that tough guy act I bet he is now understanding why things were so tough on you back in the UK, especially with family issues and the whole friend thing. At least you have each other though, right .

Well thanks for asking how I've been. I haven't been up to too much since school started last week - just homework and sleeping whenever I can. How have your classes been going?? Are you taking a full load? I'm overloading this semester and taking 6 courses (18 credits) instead of the normal 5. What is your major? Are you having any luck looking for a job yet?? What's the update on the car? And how's all that medication working out for you now? LOL that's a lot of questions Just didn't want to forget anything.

I'm so glad we get to see you regularly now that you have the internet - and that you're over in our realm of time zones!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1655

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review