Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Pages: 1
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool
whats happen
      #355439 - 02/09/10 12:11 PM

i have had 2 sessions of hypno and been doing the Cd's and i feel am getting worse not better my constipation has been so bad this week is it right to make me worse first

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
Re: whats happen new
      #355445 - 02/09/10 01:19 PM

Hi Julie,

No worries on this at all, do not be concerned. This is not due to the sessions. The sessions do not make you worse, nor do they cause you to have symptoms. You are very early in the course of therapy, and the program is a process and takes time to take hold. Just be patient with yourself and realize that these symptoms most likely would have happened even if you did not do the sessions.

Since you are so early in the program, this would not apply to you, however, for some folks who have seen some relief, the symptoms sometimes return a bit and seem to be worse, but this is due to the fact that the mind forgets what the symptoms were like originally, and that the subconscious sometimes fights to keep the old ways - it is not always a straight line to feeling better, and there are days when the person feels better, then has a few days of relapse, then more and more days of feeling better - a gradual, but eventual improvement as time goes on.

So be patient and keep listening, and know that even if you have symptoms, this is not from the sessions, but just a process of beginning to be better in the future.

While it is best not to think or read about IBS while doing the program, if you do have concerns you can read the FAQ thread here, as well as in your booklet for some guidance on this - mind armies and setbacks on the FAQ thread - would be one thing to read. And then after that, try not to think or actively read about IBS if you can.

Hope that helps!

Take care - all the best to you.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon
      #355495 - 02/10/10 11:53 AM

Julie, are these taped sessions dr whorewell gave you or Mike's tapes?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Marilyn

#355523 - 02/10/10 05:45 PM

OK, from Shawn's post, I took a peek at your other posts - and got your background - since Heather offers Mike Mahoney's IBS Audio Program here, and he is in the UK also, I assumed you were using his program or perhaps seeing him as he is not far from you. So I am assuming now, that you are not using Mike's program - so we cannot really properly answer here.

Now that I got it straight, that you are seeing Dr. Whorwell's team, you need to ask your questions of your professional medical team, and not a BB.

While my answer still most likely applies to your sessions over there, you still need to go to the source - they have your intake consultaion, and your medical background, etc. which all is needed for complete care.

While we can offer suggestions and ideas for you, especially in terms of the program offered here, we cannot, nor should we, offer answers for questions that need to be addressed by your medical professionals.

This BB is NOT moderated by medical professionals, and is only here for support and basic information.

Take care and all the best to you - hope you are able to get answers from your medical team and start to feel better very soon.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool
      #355618 - 02/12/10 03:09 AM

i just don't get it i am seeing team on wed again and professor whorwell
i have gained again to day and am hurting inside
they are not taped Cd's i have a session on a wed at 11.30 for 15 weeks and and then i do a tape at night shes gives me a new one each week

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Marilyn

#355673 - 02/12/10 12:45 PM

Julie, I know you are frustrated with your progress, and we certainly can relate to that, but we cannot address your concerns on this BB - you need to relay your concerns to the medical team when you see them again. This forum is to support those doing the CD program offered here by Heather.

I hope you understand that we can empathize with you, and hope you get some answers and progress very soon - you need to tell all your concerns you voice here to your therapists and physicians - they will have the best response for you.

Hope that helps - and that you get some relief and answers soon! Take care...

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3092

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design