Pages: 1
cleanse journal second phase
      #295309 - 01/05/07 05:45 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Other thread was getting too long.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thursday new
      #295311 - 01/05/07 05:54 AM
Little Minnie

The day started out ok.
Exercise: T Tapp rehab workout
B: oatmeal- no raisins
got to work and found boxes of my favorite organic sandwich cookies on the break table. I knew that was it. I have avoided so many treats all over (expect that one little biscuit cookie). We have had a lot of chocolate and brittles and other cookies out to eat and I haven't eaten them at all. But once I saw those minty sandwich cookies I knew I would not win that fight.
snacks: bananas, pear, orange, PB granola bar, 4 cookies
lunch: few blue chips, piece of ham from deli and pineapple
dinner: leftover salad and polenta
snack: banana with PB and raisins and crispix

Ok so what happened was: I still haven't been right since the D on Sunday. I haven't been in a usual poop cycle since and last night I started to gurgle and then had D. Not as bad as Sunday though. When I ate later on I gurgled again. So was the D from the wheat cookies or just because of IBS-A rearing its ugly head? I hope I can get back on track. I will up my fiber again for a few days and try to drink more. But as for my cleasning test- I don't know what to do.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Friday new
      #295399 - 01/05/07 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

Today I was a bit better. I did T Tapp in the morning but I was short on energy and bonked right after and chowed down.
B: scottish oats with raisins
snacks: 2 bananas, granola bar, oat cereal bar, orange, peanuts, apple crisps
lunch: small order Noodles and Co Pad Thai with veggies (not so good anymore. It is changed )
D: chicken chipotle salad and a whole can of creamed corn
I ate avocados for the first time. They are kind of like wet mud.
I am back to C from the D last night and I get a little yucky after eating (also from the D), but all in all I am doing pretty well and not very bloated.
Weight was 137 (probably down from the D- dehydrated.) I bought a pair of 6 jeans today and I wear 6 pants sometimes but never jeans so that is good.

--------------------

Sorry to ask - what is "T Tapp"??? n/t new
      #295463 - 01/07/07 02:49 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

Doh! Figured out what T Tapp was when I did search - dumb me! Sorry... new
      #295464 - 01/07/07 02:52 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

concluding test new
      #295546 - 01/07/07 04:45 PM
Little Minnie

I am going to stop the test at this time. I will see what the doctor says tomorrow about a wheat intolerance test.
Also I didn't lose any weight at all. I went through all that work of avoiding eating at night and not eating sugar and I still am exactly the same! I find that I think about food way too much. I am pretty much always thinking about what I get to eat. I think I am an emotional eater in that it is enjoyable and you can take a break and not think about anything else while you eat. So I have to figure out something that will help me lose weight. With my present job I just cannot lose it like I used to.
As for my test of foods. That was inconclusive. I wasn't bloated much at all in the beginning and that was great, but I still was bloated some so it wasn't perfect. Since I got D so bad last Sunday from eating out it really ruined the whole experiment. I couldn't recover from that enough to really be testing myself like I had been. I started back on wheat on Thursday and had soy milk Saturday and feel just like I always did. I was pretty bloated today like always. I suppose I will try again to test out certain foods to see if I feel better but I guess I won't do it in conjunction with dieting and avoiding sugar.
Also I am still T Tapping and am going to a clinic with a trainer on the 20th. I am also going to be doing other exercises some days and need to figure out a routine.

I am pretty bummed I went through all of that work and didn't get any results. I will always blame that stupid pancake restaurant for it!

--------------------

Little Minnie new
      #295570 - 01/07/07 08:10 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey there,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I always pop my head in here and I have been reading about your journey with this cleanse and everything.
I can totally understand you feeling frustrated and wanting to give up on it, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you did so, so well with making a plan and sticking to it for as long as you do. I am so bad and sticking to any plan I set for myself, so I am very envious!
I have found lately that I just big-time binge on sugar and crave it all the time now. I am thinking of trying to cut out refined sugar for 2 weeks just to see if I can get away from these crazy cravings and overeating sugar-y.. well, crap.
I hope you don't mind, but I was planning on stealing some of your meal ideas because right now I just eat sugar, sugar, sugar so will need some big changes!
So thanks very much for the inspiration, and I think you are doing really excellent. I'm so sorry you got D after all the work you put in, that is such a bummer!

Cheers darlin'!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

thanks! new
      #295648 - 01/08/07 05:31 PM
Little Minnie

Unfortunately, my sugar craving was unaffected by staying off of it for 2 weeks. I put so much into it and got so little back. I wish I wasn't dreaming about chocolate and cookies and ice cream right now but I sure am. It is always 'what do I get to eat at X time?' and dieting just makes me think about it more. Some people just have sugar and carb cravings and some don't. I know people that just crave salt and grease but never sugar.
Well good, good luck to you! I would be happy to try to give some meal ideas or whatever.

--------------------

Re: concluding test new
      #296976 - 01/17/07 10:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How are you feeling now that you've been back on your "regular" diet again? With wheat, sugar, soy, etc? Is bloating worse?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: concluding test new
      #297068 - 01/17/07 06:34 PM
Little Minnie

I have had a pretty rough time since the greasy hashbrowns screwed me up. I had D then a few days of C then more D. Then I decided to have treats at my book group Saturday and just wanted to be free and I got D pretty bad that night and now I am back to C and really stinky gas today at work. So I am getting ready to go wheat free again and test out how I do. I also am not going to cheat. I just wanted to ball on Sunday when my husband was saying I shouldn't have had cheese Sat morning and I said I just wanted to feel free for once! It is so sad to go through your whole life and not be like other people. Then again I could have a peanut allergy and die just sniffing them and that of course would be worse than having to avoid cheese and fats.
Thanks for asking!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review