All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help for tenesmus?
      #223829 - 11/08/05 07:35 PM
spengler

Reged: 11/08/05

I'm a 24 year old male. I just had some kind of stomach bug, and what I've been left with (going on 3 weeks now) is a persistaing feeling of rectal fullness. I've seen 3 clinic doctors, my PCP and a psychiatrist at this point. It's awful. I've switched my diet completely to a high-in-soluable-fiber, low-in-grease-and-fat-and-raw-fruit deal. After failing with donnatol, I've taken 10mg of bentyl, but it hasn't made me feel any better.

Is there any thing else I can do to get rid of this terribly distracting sensation? This is literally ruining my life in that it's keeping me from doing any of the things I enjoy doing, and I'm barely able to get through the day at work

If anyone has ANY advice, I'm all ears. I'm almost ready to give myself a lidocaine enema.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help for tenesmus? new
      #224042 - 11/10/05 07:09 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Have you been diagnosed with IBS - i.e. has your doctor ruled out any other possible causes? If so, and if you haven't already, definitely have a good read through this *whole* site, stick 100% to the diet, try an soluble fiber supplement (SFS), so something to help with stress etc... (it's all on the site).

And after that, I'd recommend reposting this on the Diet board, as you'll get more responses there.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2022

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review