All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Today show talked about IBS!!!!
      #40857 - 01/26/04 08:58 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

WOW I can't believe it the today show talked with a obgyn about IBS. It was good. The DR seemed to know alot about it. The only thing that I'm not sure about that she said...was when you go to bed your symptoms go away and when you wake up they are back. That's not true for me. I wake up with the stomach pain..etc. So I'm not sure about that. She mentioned trigger foods. Fats, Dairy..etc. I thought the interview was good! But I would have liked it to be Heather!!!

Who knows it could happen!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed. I'm holden out for Oprah. I just love that show!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Today show talked about IBS!!!! new
      #40863 - 01/26/04 09:09 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is great IBS was discussed on Today show!!! Hopefully more people will talk about and maybe it will be Heather. Wouldn't that be great!!
Like you Steph - I'm still holding out for Oprah. Maybe she can go on Dr. Phil and discussed how IBS affects relationships.

#40948 - 01/26/04 12:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I saw that Steph! As I was sitting in bed watching Today and recovering from an attack last night () they introduced the segment, and before they even said what it was I knew it was going to be about IBS. I agree, the doctor had very good info. I was impressed that she mentioned most of the big trigger foods, and even more impressed that she suggested hypnotherapy as a way of de-stressing! I also liked how she stressed that it could be a debilitating condition even though most people didn't realize that. Hopefully segments like this will help get the word out about IBS... although I agree, it should have been Heather!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#40975 - 01/26/04 12:44 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Great news! Anything that helps "civilians" understand that it's NOT just all in our heads takes away some of our stress.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review