All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: fructose malabsorption question new
      #365164 - 06/16/11 08:51 AM
Islandsguy123

Reged: 03/02/11
Loc: Savannah,GA

So I've been trying the fructose diet for a couple of days. I got an upset stomach last night even though all I ate was potatoes, oatmeal, fish, chicken, rice, spinach yesterday. I got really ill this morning too. I'm baffled. I'm seriously tired of these elimination diets as I can't find an intolerance to one type of food, and feeling horrible.

I'll probably go back to eating "normally" for a while. I'm seeing a new GI doctor next month. Just trying to keep up hope, it's really depressing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#365165 - 06/16/11 09:33 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Spinach is high insoluble fiber. It is on Heather's insoluble fiber list under greens. Greens including spinach cause difficulties for many individuals. They are big problem for me.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#365168 - 06/16/11 11:56 AM
mavera

Reged: 12/28/10
Loc: The Netherlands

I'm sorry that the diet(s) is not working for you (yet?)
Spinach doesn't do me good too..

I know it's very hard, it took me a few months to find out what is MY personal basic diet, when my symptoms really subside.
I combined the EFI and FODMAP diet. At first I only ate banana, carrots and courgette for fruit/vegs. I started feeling somewhat better, but it took me a while to find out corn is a problem too.

It's really really hard when you're trying so hard and still get ill. We all know I guess .

And still, now I know what I should eat, the diet's still frustrating, mainly because it's so restricting and I keep getting sick by trying out new stuff But, it's better than not knowing and being sick every single day...

Good luck!

--------------------
PI-IBS-C/A nausea & very bad gastric pain
meds: lansoprazol+macrogol
started EFI +FODMAPs 1/2011. 'Relapse' for 8 months. Now partly back on track again with the diet..

#365170 - 06/16/11 03:17 PM
Islandsguy123

Thanks for the encouraging words mavera. I think I will try to work on stress and anxiety reduction for a while.

And yeah, I doubt I will be eating straight up veggies and fruit for a while. The EFI diet tips on smoothies and putting them in bread may be a good idea for me to try more.

#365172 - 06/16/11 07:09 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

try the parasite cleanse!

#365176 - 06/17/11 06:20 AM
Islandsguy123

What's the name of that cleanse? NM, It's the black walnut, clove, wormwood herbal supplement right?

Edited by Islandsguy123 (06/17/11 06:22 AM)

Intestinal cleansing new
      #365177 - 06/17/11 07:07 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Parasites are not the cause of IBS. If you think you might have parasites it is best to see a doctor for a stool, blood, etc test. Each parasite may need to be treated in a different manner. Check the CDC web site for information on diagnosising parasites.

Be cautious with intestinal cleansers such as parasite cleansers as they may contain ingredients such as insoluble fiber and laxatives that can exacerbate IBS symptoms.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Intestinal cleansing new
      #365178 - 06/17/11 09:54 AM
Islandsguy123

I doubt I'll go buy a cleanser without diagnosis. I'm tired of spending a lot of money on supplements. I think I'm feeding my anxiety on all of this. It'll be helpful to not over think it and self diagnose myself.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20957

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review