All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: The UNC Chat with the experts free online Nove 3 new
      #351586 - 11/03/09 07:10 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

This was great! Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

11 or 12 cups with 2 cups of fennel,FRYGIRL new
      #351595 - 11/04/09 07:41 AM

Unregistered

thats how much I drink a day.

Edited by aperson (11/04/09 09:07 AM)

trancsript from the UNC Chat last night? new
      #351604 - 11/04/09 08:25 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi Shawneric, I wasn't able to stay for the entire chat last night, I'd like to read the rest, is there a transcript posted somewhere online?
Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Re: trancsript from the UNC Chat last night? new
      #351652 - 11/04/09 07:06 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Renee, they don't keep a transcript of the people posting. Only the actual topics in there archive. Send me an email

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: The UNC Chat with the experts free online Nove 3 new
      #351653 - 11/04/09 07:08 PM
shawneric

I am glad people attended and it helped. Its a lot of work for them to put them on and they do it for us for free. That is something else in itself. I will post the next one when it comes up. I am suggesting one on pain and pain pathways to them for the future as well.

Good to see helpforibs people there;)

--------------------

Re: shawneric a multivitamin question new
      #351654 - 11/04/09 07:21 PM
shawneric

so if the multivitami was really as good as it said then it would have the fda's approval?

There are different issues for OTC's.

Your body will absorb what it needs and dicard the rest. Taking them in general is what it is and some companies say that to get you to buys their's and there is some trues and half truths involved in it all.

Take a one a day or centrum. They are much cheaper. You can buy expensive ones if you want. Again though if its not just vitamins, do one thing at a time. One herb say at a time and tell your doctor.

Iron and some vitamins can be hard on the gut, take them with a meal, if one brand bother's you try another.

On the protein try the papaya or eat natural papaya, its good for you and helps break down protein. And its cheap and has the chlorophyll in it which can help with smelly gas perhaps. Its cheaper for sure.

Hgh amounts of fruit juice can be a problem.

"Even more naturally, people who consume a large amount of fruits, juices or other processed foods enriched with fructose, can get diarrhea because it is not as easily absorbed by the bowel and goes to the colon where it pulls in water."

http://www.ibshealth.com/ibsfoods2.htm

For c IBS this might actually helps some. But d or alternating it could be probelamtic.

IBS doesn't cause malabsorbtion and in digestioning foods, it does't interput that process, so eat a well balanced diet and try to figure out trigger foods for you and use the suggestions from Heathers book. Foods are absorbed in the stomach, IBS is mainly a problem of the sigmnoid colon, large intestines. Foods are already digested at that point.

--------------------

#351655 - 11/04/09 07:24 PM
shawneric

aperson, I also asked the question for you.

" I take my birth control pill (ortho tryclean lo) when I wake up in the morning,I get up at 9-9:30am everyday,always before 10 anyway..If I started taking this about an hour before bedtime do you think this would have any effect,possibly positive on my ibs?"

"Dr. Drossman: Shanw Eric, not sure why taking the pill would cause a problem, the hormone in the pill may have an effect"

He can say if it what effect it could have on you personally either way, negatively or positively.

--------------------

#351670 - 11/05/09 08:19 AM

Unregistered

are u familiar with beachbody vitamins? I forgot I have a bottle here. It's the activit bodytonig formula if u would,plz take a look http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/supplements/activit/ActVit_BodyT_30Day_021909.pdf

http://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/best_sellers/activit_multivitamins.do

I was also thinking about buying certified organic slippery elm capsules or buying the digestive enzyme with soothing ingredients,which has slippery elm in it and is made without proteise..http://www.evitalhealth.com/Catalyst_U.html Dannadivine said it helped her.

#351675 - 11/05/09 10:20 AM
shawneric

aperson, I can't really comment on those vitamins. I did notice they had magnesium stearate in them and magnesium can cause d.

Other then that can't really say anything about them.

I still say take an a-z vitamin.

On the slippery elm, I can't really comment either, someone else with more herbal knowledge might be able to help you. One thing is look at the source of the product and buy them from a reputable source.

did you read the article on posted on digestive enzyme's?

also Herbal PDR

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altmed/altmed-mono.aspx?contentFileName=ame0464.xml&contentName=Slippery+Elm&contentId=619

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altmed/altmed-a-z.aspx

--------------------

#351682 - 11/05/09 10:47 AM

Unregistered

ok,well I'm going to try the slippery elm capsules,in a few weeks wen I have money to buy them..also..did u know anything about the herbs in the beachbody vitamin I showed u? perhaps if I took half a caltrate capsule a day too,that would make it so I wouldn't get d from the beachbody vitamins?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1509 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review