All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Not our bread! new
      #335034 - 08/20/08 04:35 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

The bread we purchase is unsweetened!! It has brown rice flour, filtered water, tapioca flour, fresh yeast, safflower oil, rice bran, zanthum gum, cllulose gum, in that order....
SWEET! tee hee
We eat hummous w/zero problems. We just don't make it too spicey or lemony.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

hmmm.....
      #335035 - 08/20/08 04:45 PM
Hapamama

In general I don't think in absolutes. I think most things exist in degrees. For example, I am lactose intolerant when it comes to milk, most cheddar cheeses, ice cream, etc. When I eat those products I immediately cramp up and get a headache so for the most part my body is not dairy tolerant. If asked I would probably say I am dairy intolerant. However, during certain times of my cycle, I have found that I can eat milder, organic cheeses generally w/a vegetarian rennet IN SMALL DOSES (read: not a whole pizza!)- it's a matter of degrees - it's not absolute...that said, I think that my body does not tolerate gluten well, but I do not have celiac's disease, those are two very different things. I am currently experimenting to see to what degree I can push the limits w/gluten and I would not be surprised to find out that it was more the wheat than the gluten that was bothering me...all that to say the jury is still out

Yeah, I meant SF - I use Trader Joes handmade ww and corn tortillas - I also use the Rudi's organic breads. Mostly for the hubby though.

Re: Not our bread! new
      #335046 - 08/20/08 06:25 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That's weird! Does yours come in a pink wrapper? My store sells Food for LIfe.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Ours is actually Trader Joe's brand.... new
      #335048 - 08/20/08 08:04 PM
Hapamama

is this what you were talking about?

I can't find any web images of the one we purchase, but I did find a couple of references when I Googled it, apparently not everyone thinks it's as yummy as we do!

Re: Need menu ideas for fructose/fructan free diet! new
      #335055 - 08/21/08 06:02 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Zucchini has about 0.3 grams of excess fructose per 100 grams and some fructans. I use about 2 tbsp of peeled diced zucchini in a portion. I add 1 teaspoon of glucose (about 5 grams) to offset the fructose. I have notice that if I get exuberant and I use a bit too much or I forget to add the glucose I will have problems the next day.

I know what you mean about dietary limitations. I have been eating the same breakfast and lunch for two year. I only vary my suppers

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

yep,thay's it. new
      #335056 - 08/21/08 06:11 AM
Jordy

I guess the west coast carries different products. Wish we had the TJ's brand. I don't like the Food for Life either and don't buy it.

--------------------

Re: Maybe this? new
      #335061 - 08/21/08 06:50 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey Fen, can you eat worcestershire sauce? When I make stir fry and rice I used to use soya sauce and found it always bothered me.The other day I made broccoli,carrots,mushrooms and celery put it in the frying pan,with just enough water to cover it and cooked til water ran out and veggies were down.Then we poured it over basmati rice(this is my new fav!)And as hubby added soya to his....I added salt and worcestershire sauce to mine and was pleasantly surprised at the flavour.I had no reactions at all and had the leftovers for lunch the next day.It was very tasty.I think this will be my new condiment from now on.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

I do this to dragon fly.-nt new
      #335063 - 08/21/08 06:52 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

#335065 - 08/21/08 07:00 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Hmm - I haven't had that in a looooong time. But maybe I'll try it tonight!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! We love basmati rice too! And my hubby always puts soy sauce on his food too when I make plain-ish stir fries!

--------------------
IBS-C

#335071 - 08/21/08 07:51 AM
Jordy

Doesn't rice make you more C? I can't seem to eat rice. I love it too and miss it.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review