All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
In agony, at work
      #316018 - 10/03/07 11:05 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Have you girls noticed any change with your periods since IBS? Mine are very terrible. Here I am, bending over at my desk, trying to deal with cramps and IBS (diarrhea at the moment). I took 3 aspirins in the morning and 2 Tylenols later but no change. Advil or Ibuprofen doesn't work for me either. And I forgot to bring my heating pad to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: In agony, at work new
      #316019 - 10/03/07 11:13 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Ugh! That's the worst; I've been there. Do you have some tea at work you can sip like camomile (or even just some hot water)? I always kept tea at work. Oh, and some fat free saltines. Also, for a long time I had to eat extremely safely during my period or I'd be a mess.

#316022 - 10/03/07 11:22 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Thanks for such a quick response. I am drinking hot peppermint tea at the moment

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#316025 - 10/03/07 01:26 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I used to have horrible cramps. Took 3-4 Darvocet for the pain and would want to just roll up and die. I started using NuvaRing this summer. I've finally stopped spotting and I use it continueously so I don't have periods anymore. Highly recommend checking this out. It's heaven not having a period!

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#316067 - 10/04/07 11:11 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I no longer have periods because I had to have a total hysterectomy last year. But when I used to have horrible cramps I used ThermaCare Heat wraps for Menstral Cramps. Felt wonderful on my tummy. They last for about 8 hours, too. And nobody knows you have it on. Advil worked for me, but I find now when I have pulled a muscle or have a terrible headache...Excederine Tension Headache works within 15 minutes! I don't see why it wouldn't work for menstral cramps, too.

#316069 - 10/04/07 12:30 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Try getting up periodically and walking around. Movement always seems to help ease my cramps. Also, sometimes just taking five minutes to sit comfortably and do some deep breathing may help reduce your stress! I'm sorry you feel like crap I've been there and it's the worst to feel that way at work!

#316123 - 10/05/07 06:14 PM
Kayaker

Reged: 03/14/06
Loc: Midwest

In the past, I have used ice on my low back to help the pain of cramps. I would often use it until the meds kicked in...back when the meds worked. I was able to get a plastic bag and ice at work one time. I put it on my low back and it did help. I was able to sit and do paperwork with an ice bag down the back of my pants in a semi-private room with women around so it wasn't obvious.

#316342 - 10/09/07 03:19 PM
samijo

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Omaha

Me too!! I did the same as Nuggettt and went for the total hysterectomy just a little over 2 wks ago. Am questioning it as we speak but my periods were just getting unbearable Try working w/ only guys just wasn't "cool" fm an understanding viewpoint. I lived w/ the ThermaCare heat pads,they were great!! Got me thru the work day. Good luck
Sj
deep breathing works well too

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1015 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2517

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review