All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! Just went out to eat.
      #306633 - 05/05/07 09:34 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Hey everyone.

I'm having terrible troubles. I went out to eat for the first time since starting the diet. Stupid, stupid idea. But it was my one-year anniversary with my long-distance boyfriend, so we went out to Chili's. I took SFS first plus a fennel capsule. Then, I ordered the chicken fajitas...took a bean-o with the first bite. I ate only the chicken, the flour tortillas, a couple of onion slices, and some avocado. I didn't think it was too bad. I guess the worst thing I did is I ate 3 fajitas, more than my stomach wanted. Took extra fennel afterwards, drank lots of water, and took a brisk walk for about 40 minutes. But still, the pain is horrendous. What can I do? Please advise. I took my Bentyl and a third Fennel capsule just now. Pain and bloating is so horrible. I need help.

The other thing I did, is I had a severe migraine earlier, and took a half a vicodin for that.

Please advise. What more can I do? Just rest in agony. Walk more. Please help.

Carolyn
IBS-C with bloating...bad bad bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Just went out to eat. new
      #306661 - 05/06/07 02:52 PM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

Do you have any peppermint tea? It helps the pain and bloating for me. Try a heating pad or hot bath too.

I hope you feel better soon.

#306663 - 05/06/07 03:40 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Sorry you're feeling so bad!

I usually have problems when I eat at restaurants. For me, it's too much fat, the onions, and weird spices they put in food.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things to try to recover--I don't have anything to offer but sympathy.

For me, taking fiber or Bean-O before a meal would have minimal effect. If it's gonna affect me, there's not much I can do.

For me, Friday was bad. Family visiting, ate at a cafe (turkey sandwich with green chile, and about 10 french fries). Bad decision. Bloating, stomach ache, but at least no major pain. It takes awhile for your body to work it through. I always tell myself I won't make the same mistake again, but of course I do----in some different version.

Strong peppermint tea helps, but doesn't make it go away any faster.

C

#306664 - 05/06/07 04:16 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I just remembered some things I do that sometimes help.

1. Get down on hands and knees. Alternately arch back up, then "sink" it down. With back arched up, contract the abdomen in as far as you can, and with the back "sunken," push the abdomen out as far as possible. Repeat positions slowly--arch up, arch down.

2. Lie on your back and do the yoga "shoulder stand" (put your bottom, legs, feet up in the air--hold with hands on hips). Your "insides" will sink down under gravity.

The 2 exercises get some movement going and sometimes help moving gas along.

3. Lie on your left side and gently massage your abdomen (up the right side, down the left) with your right hand. Push in with your fingertips.

Hope you feel better soon.

C

#306679 - 05/06/07 07:25 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It might have been the vicodin. Try a heating pad or something like that on your tummy, it might help with the bloating. Also drink hot tea. Peppermint and fennel are the best, but if you don't have them, try chamomile.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1580

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review