All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Elevated blood pressure & heart rate
      #254615 - 03/26/06 06:03 PM
Wila

Reged: 01/15/06

Does anyone experience episodes of elevated blood pressure and rapid heart rate? Episodes are accompanied by shakiness, nausea, just feeling really sick. Not accompanied by pain. Would appreciate any feedback - cardiologists doesn't think heart, GI doesn't think gut. Thanks for any input. By the way, Acacia is really helpful- I am diarrhea predominant. Trying Fennel tea next.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Elevated blood pressure & heart rate new
      #254628 - 03/26/06 09:08 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

This may not apply to your symptoms but I do get a slight fluttering (not increased heart rate) in my chest but found it was my GERD acting up. The shakes and nausea always happen when my sugar drops from not eating enough.......never had elavated blood pressure. That is nothing to fool with.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#254630 - 03/26/06 09:26 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I experience these symptoms when I am having anxiety, does this happen to you when you are nervous or worried about having an attack. It also happens when I am having an attack and worried that it may not stop or what will come next.
Hope this helps, and I love fennel tea btw
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#254748 - 03/27/06 10:37 AM
stephfolsom

Reged: 03/14/06
Loc: Texas

Panic attacks. Many IBS sufferers also have anxiety attacks and panic attacks. I have Panic Disorder which was very severe for several years but is controlled through medication now. I rarely have a panic attack. But when I do my blood pressure is elevated, my heart rate is elevated, and I feel like I'm dying, going to have a heart attack, or something like that, I sometimes shake excessively, or feel like I'm going crazy. You should speak with your internist or a psychiatrist.

#272164 - 07/02/06 03:14 PM
Wila

Hello again - sorry for the delay in replying but I couldn't figure out my user name to log on! To answer your question, I really don't think anxiety related as they have usually occurred when I was dozing off to sleep and once at the movies after I ate some chocolate reese's bites. I have been extra careful with diet & take a low dose beta blocker to control the heart rate (10 mg twice a day)and haven't had a major attack in awhile but still get mini ones (just the blood pressure and heart rate). The only problem is, if I'm not having an attack, my blood pressure goes low and then I feel off balance. But that is still better than high. Thanks for your input - hope you're doing ok.

#272166 - 07/02/06 03:21 PM
Wila

Hello - I don't think these are panic/anxiety attacks as they've mainly happened as I'm dozing off to sleep or sitting relaxed reading a book. Also seem to favor occurring in the evenings usually between 7 to 11 pm. I really don't know much about panic attacks - do they happen when you're relaxed? (or think you are anyway ).

#272176 - 07/02/06 03:54 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Wila,
I've also been having these episodes lately. They are not consistent for me as the dizziness and nausea comes with headaches all at once. This has happened to me in the mornings after my shower, or after I exercise, and even one night just sitting and chatting with friends on a patio.

I'm also IBS-D, so I often get the nausea before an attack, but the heartrate and blood pressure systems are new.

It's very weird and I can't pinpoint anything that could be a trigger. Guess it's time to visit the doctor.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#280066 - 08/27/06 12:49 PM
Wila

Hi - you have no idea how happy I am to hear from you! I have been to two cardiologists and three gastroenterologits and one neurologist! Cardio thought it was GI and GI thought it was cardio. All heart tests negative and GI is status quo. Neuro guy suggested psychiatrist and told me that there is a cure for IBS - Prozac. I have enough symptoms and really don't want to add any more, so I definitely am not considering the Prozac! Have you gotten any helpful feedback from your docs? Please share any and all. I am seriously considering acupuncture but do not know who to pick? There are so many listed on the search sites. Take care and keep in touch.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 599 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review