All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
White Tongue??? new
      #24522 - 10/27/03 07:50 AM
BrianB

Reged: 10/15/03

Does anybody else have a white coated tongue in association with this. I noticed it after my doc prescribed my Cipro and then Flagyl for 2 weeks and it has gotten a little better but not gone away? Could this be due to indigestion or stress?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: White Tongue???
      #24526 - 10/27/03 08:14 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I was given Flagyl and Cipro back in July of this year and was taking both at the sam time prescrib by the GI.
They thought I had a bacteria inthe tummy and I ended up getting a reaction to one of them, a side affect can be
thrush(oral). My month was completely white inside and my tongue hurt and was coated white. They immediately stop the meds adn told me it would go away on it's own, I found that if I gargled with listerine and least twice a day and brushed my tongue it cut down on the build up. Listerine use the plain,watch for artificial stuff like aspartame and Etc., Also gargle with salt water it helps the soar throat naturally. Chamomile tea is great for it's antifungal properties drink plenty. I saw a improvemnt within one week and now no more white tongue. To answer your question yes I do experience a white coat occassionally, but I brush and gargle and it helps. If it gets out of hand go back to the DR. Hope this info helps.
Sherri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1969

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review