All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH GAS - I can't take it anymore
      #234183 - 12/28/05 08:34 PM
Gab

Reged: 12/28/05

Hello all!!! I used to post here long ago. Anyways, I do have IBS diagnosed after having blood tests, stool cultures, sigmoid, breath test, etc. Everything came back normal.

Anyway, the major problem I'm having right now is embarrosing GAS... sorry guys, this is embarrosing, but I do need help. I don't know what to do... I started taking beano, which helps, but I can't take it with every meal. I don't know what the long term side effects may be. I also bought Gas-X today and I just took 2 pills. I'm desperate... I'm so embarrosed with my husband... I fart every minute... I'm afraid when he comes around

I'm a vegetarian and I think soy doesn't agree with me. I'm going to cut it for a little while to see what happends....

Please please guys, what should I do? This is depressing I have gas, I burp, get bloated, have pain, etc etc etc. You probably know how I feel.

Thank you much!!!!

Gab

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH GAS - I can't take it anymore new
      #234184 - 12/28/05 08:57 PM
junevarn

Reged: 12/14/04

Hi Gab,

Whats really helped me is to take digestive enzymes. I take one called Gammazyme. It has peppermint leaf in it as well. Also fennel tea helps too. I don't eat hardly any soy and I haven't had beans for a while. Try limiting your intake of gas producing foods such as beans, broccoli, cabbage etc. for a while and see how it goes. Good luck.

Take care,
June

P.S.My husband used to say I farted like a sailor!

#234214 - 12/29/05 06:15 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I like to do sit-ups when I am feeling gassy. For me do exercise's makes me feel better.

#234255 - 12/29/05 08:18 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi, I take simethicone (generic gas-x) capsules on a daily basis. I can't leave the house without them!!I have talked to my GI about using these and Immodium on a long term basis and he told me it would be fine. I also find the simethicone to be really helpful when I have terrible pains from trapped gas, helps to get it out.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#234268 - 12/29/05 08:47 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

This might be a good time for you to reread Heather's book or all the info on this site. Some foods are *huge* gas producers for me: dairy (which IBS'ers shouldn't eat anyhow), artificial sweeteners/sugar alcohols (ditto), and vegetables in the broccoli/cabbage family. I'll have gas for a day or two after I last eat one of these, so you really have to cut them out for a significant amount of time to see improvement.

Fennel tea is wonderful, as is the "wind-relieving pose" in yoga. And most men find farting funny rather than embarrassing.

--AC

#234408 - 12/29/05 04:15 PM
Gab

Quote:

Hi, I take simethicone (generic gas-x) capsules on a daily basis. I can't leave the house without them!!I have talked to my GI about using these and Immodium on a long term basis and he told me it would be fine. I also find the simethicone to be really helpful when I have terrible pains from trapped gas, helps to get it out.

Hi thanks for replying!! I took the Gas-X yesterday but I still had gas througout the night. how often do you take it and when? after meals, before meals?

TIA,

Gab

#234409 - 12/29/05 04:17 PM
Gab

Quote:

Hi Gab,

Whats really helped me is to take digestive enzymes. I take one called Gammazyme. It has peppermint leaf in it as well. Also fennel tea helps too. I don't eat hardly any soy and I haven't had beans for a while. Try limiting your intake of gas producing foods such as beans, broccoli, cabbage etc. for a while and see how it goes. Good luck.

Take care,
June

P.S.My husband used to say I farted like a sailor!

Thanks for replying!! I take nezymes too. The Trader Joe's brand. Honestly I don't think it's helping much. I may try the brad you suggested. Thanks

#234444 - 12/29/05 06:36 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I can't take phazyme or gas x, they just make my gas worse. They make it a burning type of gas that gets trapped. Neither one work for me!

#234577 - 12/30/05 09:44 AM
Gab

Is there anything else I can do for gas???

Do the peppermint oil pills help with this? I know the IBNS symptoms change from time to time. Before it was more D and pain. Right now my bowel movements are great but I have tons of gas

Who makess Gammazymes? new
      #235127 - 01/02/06 09:14 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

And how many do you take with each meal in a day?

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review