All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ahh! I'm all over the place! help! Anyone else switch from C to D? new
      #223966 - 11/09/05 03:10 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Well, just one week ago I thought I'd never have an IBS attack again. I have been doing so well for so long.

It started when i had to take a worming medicine as we wormed our whole family since they were going around my son's preschool class.

Well the medicine upset all our tummies but mine has continued on and on. I've always been IBS C in the past but I had heaps of D. I didn't worry too much as I blamed the medicine. I stuck to the safe break the cycle foods for about 36 hours and then started feeling heaps better though this morning I was a bit constipated. i didn't have the churning or gurgling though.

For breakfast I had some cornflakes and a tiny tiny amount of soy milk on them, just enough to make them moist basically.

Well within half an hour I was running for the toilet. I am so down and feel scared to eat or go anywhere.

What should I do?

has anyone else had this expereince? I really thought the IBS was well and truly under control. and now I'm wonderign if I've switched from C to D? And that scares me so much as I was confidently dealing with the C but feel scared about D.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ahh! I'm all over the place! help! Anyone else switch from C to D?
      #223968 - 11/09/05 03:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am in the SAME boat!

I am on tegretol for bipolar.

I was C from it for a long time (my IBS was fine for months before I started the med)...

Yesterday I had hemms and today D!

i too am afraid to eat!

I had some bread. Then a pear. My tummy is rumbly...I hope I won't be going all night ESP cuz hubby wants to take me out (we've been married a bit over 3 years this is like the 2nd time he's ever done this!)

Hopefully someone can help! I don't want to turn C again...but I don't want it to be a night of D either ...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Glad I'm not alone - how long to stick to the BTC foods? new
      #223974 - 11/09/05 03:46 PM
KinOz

Hey Ruchie,

It's awful! Do you think your medication caused the D?

I was fine yesterday when I stuck to the break the cycle foods but today the little bit of soy milk set me off.

I'm wondering if I should have stuck to the BTC foods a bit longer?

Any advice welcome!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Glad I'm not alone - how long to stick to the BTC foods? new
      #223975 - 11/09/05 04:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

I'm clueless! If I stick to the BTS food too long I will likely become C again

NO idea what to do...

All I know is I feel D coming on again and hubby will be home in like 15 mins

Just took 2 tums...and still feeling very much D!

*hugs*

If I think of anything I will DEF let you know...you do the same..

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#223976 - 11/09/05 04:23 PM
KinOz

I'm going to try sticking to the btc foods again for another day. I have to try to get stable, i have to take harry to preschoool.

Have also restarted the hypno program today.

hope you can enjoy your evening with hubby!

Kerrie

--------------------

#224021 - 11/10/05 02:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

So Kerrie, it's 3am and I was woken up by, you guessed it, a tummy ache

Last night I was fine at the mall with hubby thank G-d! But now I've been up since 1:30 am with a rumbly tummy and I wish the D would just come already!

How are you doing? It sounds from another post of your I read that we are in the same boat. We feel it there...waiting...

The water I am drinking is making it worse! I know, you can relate...

I am off to grab some tums now in the hopes they will help...not sure what else to try??

Hope we can lick thissoon *hugs*

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I did it in reverse new
      #224063 - 11/10/05 08:11 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

went from chronic D for over 3 years to chronic C within days.I have been C for a year now. I don't understand how I could drastically change overnight...and none of my doctors seem to be concerned about it. I thought if your symptoms changed suddenly you were suppose to tested or something.

Well, I did go from a gluten diet to a GF diet when the D turned to C. But I eat gluten again, yet, I'm still C.

Kerrie, I'm afraid you may have caught the IBS bug from my email to you!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Ahh! I'm all over the place! help! Anyone else switch from C to D? new
      #224190 - 11/10/05 07:31 PM
Terri4301

Reged: 06/03/05

Yes, I did. My adolescent years were C, in my 20's I was C except for the menstrual cycle day 1, which was extreme D. After giving birth at 31, I became D 24/7. Finally, 13 years later I'm beginning to become more of an A. Being predominately D, I felt totally housebound and isolated. I still feel the need to know where every restroom is along any route and in every building. Hopefully, you will stabilize, when your body has time to settle from the trauma of the meds. Thankfully I'm a stay at home mom...I'd be in big trouble if I had to work outside the home. I recommend really watching and adding sf to try to stabilize. For some reason, those of us with sensitive digestive systems take a long time to stabilize. Good Luck!
Terri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 349 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 992

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review